Next Mac...Advice sought

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by edward-k, Nov 10, 2007.

1. edward-k macrumors member

I currently have Dual 2.5 PowerPC. I have become increasingly worried that the coolant system is going to fail and am seeking a replacement. I was very close to purchasing an i-mac 24"'2.8, but after reading the many posts regarding freezing issues, I'm not going to chance it. Just curious, how would a Mac-Mini 2.0 compare with regards to performance to my current system. My primary uses are Safari, I-photo, I-moive, and Office. Maybe in 6 months or so when apple figures out whats wrong with the imacs, I could pick one up and pass along the mini to my wife. Thanks in advance for any comments.
    Ed

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Apple will have all the imac problems fixed in the next week or two along with the first major update to leopard. Then will be the time. 2-3 weeks. And you are right that G5 will start leaking sooner or later. Patience, After 10.5.1 hits go get one thats what im doing. Just in time for the holidays.:)

3. I'm a Mac macrumors 6502

Get the 2.8 iMac. There already have been 2 software fixes. My friend has it and I've done some work on it and there were no problems.