Next Mac Book Pro updates?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Inconsequential, Sep 12, 2007.

  1. Inconsequential macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2007
    #1
    I know they have just been in June :p

    But as im not buying until 10.5 release at least I wanted to know if I should wait a little longer? End of November?

    I want to get a 17 Inch but no LED yet as well as a 200Gb 7200RPM disk.

    But Im planning on a 15inch 160gb 7200 at the moment...

    So any ideas? Cheeeers :D
     
  2. 119576 Guest

    119576

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2007
    #2
  3. Inconsequential thread starter macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2007
    #3
    Ah excellent, found the MB one but totally missed the MBP one :eek::eek::eek::eek:



    Yes, I know thanks. I do frequent many forums. No human is perfect and can remember every time!



    Cheers anyway...
     
  4. scotthayes macrumors 68000

    scotthayes

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2007
    Location:
    Birmingham, England
    #4
    Which ever MBP you go for I think you will be pleased. has to be the best laptop I've even owned.

    And don't worry about asking the question even if there is the buyers guide.
     
  5. 119576 Guest

    119576

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2007
    #5
    ahh. sorry! I guess that sounded a bit harsh!

    I know what you mean about remembering though, haha.
     
  6. Inconsequential thread starter macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2007
    #6

    I know! I've come this --> <--- close to phoning up apple saying Im going to uni, I want the 15 inch, 7200, £65 apple care and an Airport extreme.

    But if an update comes with 10.5 (which im waiting for anyway) then Im better off If I wait!

    I hate reading all these stories of problems tho, my PowerMac G4 was perfect. If I buy it, it HAS to work, all the time!

    I'd hate it if it broke and I lost it for a while! :(
     
  7. CocoPops macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2007
    #7
    lol....

    CR... you spent enough time procrastinating over at OcUK.....

    Just get the damn thing ordered and enjoy it! :D

    (mine is somewhere between here and holland currently).
     
  8. Eallan macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2007
    #8
    Can't always wait for the next best thing :)

    I just bought one and don't regret it. I'll pick up leopard with a student discount. I wanted to get used to OSX before the new one. Plus i'd like to have a tiger disk and a leopard disk.
     
  9. waywardsage macrumors 6502

    waywardsage

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2006
    Location:
    CA
    #9
    Yes, but i'm in the same boat as this fellow. I'll be doing mobil video editing on mine and I just feel like waiting for at least 200 GB 7200 RPM hard drive, eSATA port, LED backlit screen, and a Blu Ray drive, (burner would be awesome!)

    I'm thinking that it'll be the end of October that they'd do a refresh. If not, it would be in January that they'd debut the new Mac Pro, and update the laptop line. I could give a heck bout a "touchscreen display" or any of that nonsense. I just want top of the line specs that will at least allow me to do my work for the next 5 years without being hopelessly out of date.

    I just remember my girfriend buying her PC laptop at one point RIGHT BEFORE USB 2.0 and DVD burners came out. Can you imagine not having USB 2.o nowadays? Ick..she still uses it and its slower than mollasis.

    For myself, i've decided to ditch PC and go mac. I just figure on getting the latest thing for the least money. So i'll wait for a LED backlit screen at least.
     

Share This Page