Next Mac Pro , you will see why

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by smogsy, Feb 16, 2008.

1. smogsy macrumors 6502a

Hey,

Im currently selling my Current PC to Buy a Mac Pro its only 2 months old, and built by me (Quad Core 4Gb Ram 400GB HDD) i may have a buyer but also may not, i'm just wondering if say it took me 6 months to sell this pc would it be wise to wait for upgrade of Mac pro?

i also wanted some to link me to a guide on how Install Vista via Boot camp using Leopard i can only seem to find Public Beta ones on Tiger, i'm guessing its slightly easier in Leopard and maybe slighty different,

hope you can help

2. oban14 macrumors 6502a

You should be able to sell it now or at anytime in the next 6 months - just put it on ebay or post it with a reasonable price on craigslist.

I was going to wait for the Nehalem pros but I just didn't have the patience. The current MP handles everything I throw at it so I don't think I'll even see a need to upgrade for some time.

3. tugger macrumors regular

tugger

When you start Boot Camp Assistant it suggests that you print the step-by-step instructions on installing XP/Vista. Click a button, the instructions print, you install XP or Vista. It's that easy.

I've never installed a PC operating system before, and I had no problems at all.

4. MrPDaddyHimself macrumors regular

MrPDaddyHimself

Could you partition a 1-TB drive to run OSX or Vista? Just curious.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Or? Yes. Both? Yes. Why? No.;)

6. Brianna macrumors regular

If your thinking about waiting for the next Mac Pro plan on waiting for a long time. At least a year or so.

But if you buy a Mac Pro now you will have better resale value out of it than you've ever had on any PC you have ever owned.

I used to buy a new Mac right when they came out. It's easy. Throw it on Ebay and you'll get about 80% to 90% of your retail value out of it. It's almost like leasing. You're really just paying a small amount for the time you used it. If you add RAM, and HD's to your machine yourself you will get really close to what you paid for it.

7. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

The last Mac Pro upgrade took about 1.5 years for some reason, so if you wait you might be holding your breath for a while.

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I realize that everyone was mad like tanj about that, but what did Apple have to upgrade to? Everyone knows they never boost HDD space, RAM, or graphics cards without a processor upgrade? When the first 8-core came out, they could have done a bigger hard drive across the board and 2GB of RAM, but they didn't. That's what people should have been upset about; the fact that Apple didn't take the opportunity to upgrade the other specs when they had the chance (The Chance here means in line with what I've previously said about Apple updates).

9. kman79 macrumors regular

I'm currently considering purchasing a Mac Pro also. Realistically, it won't be for another two months before I might get to put one on order. When was the last update to the Mac Pro Line? I do hate purchasing technology in the middle of it's lifespan, i hate the feeling of or the thoughts in my head telling me that I should have waited a few months for the new revision. If there's no real talk of an update in two months, I most likely will place the order.

10. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

They were updated in the first week of January, I seriously doubt there will be another release in two months.

11. Ronix macrumors member

12. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

In the middle of its lifespan? The Mac Pro received a major refresh (Penryn, bump to 8-core standard, new video cards) in January.

13. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

and lets not forget that although it was refreshed in january, the more desireable configurations have only recently started shipping, you cant get much newer than that.:)

14. kman79 macrumors regular

Sorry, what I meant was, I'd hate to purchase one and two months down the line, a new revision comes out.

15. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

The only thing they will probably add in the next year is faster processors if Intel make them available. So unless you were planning on getting the 3.2GHz model anyway, I wouldn't worry about it.

16. OZMP macrumors 6502

When you are ready, if you have trouble setting up your second OS on a second HDD, PM me, as i cant remember off of the top of my head how i did it, but its a bit nicer having seperate boot drives.

Now is the time too buy!