Next MacBook Pro: Are you going to buy/wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by irishgrizzly, Apr 9, 2010.

?

When will you buy?

  1. Day one

    57 vote(s)
    48.3%
  2. After the first week

    17 vote(s)
    14.4%
  3. After 1st month

    20 vote(s)
    16.9%
  4. After 2 months

    10 vote(s)
    8.5%
  5. After 6 months

    7 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. I'm not buying a mbp/I like polls

    7 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

    irishgrizzly

    Joined:
    May 15, 2006
    #1
    I'm curious to know how many will buy day one vs wait for bug to show. I plan to wait about 2-3 weeks to hear of early reports. After that I'll trust in Apples warranty.
     
  2. highscheme macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2009
    #2
    wait for refurbs of the specs i want to show up or back to school promo whichever is first
     
  3. irishgrizzly thread starter macrumors 65816

    irishgrizzly

    Joined:
    May 15, 2006
    #3
    I'd forgot about refurbs – they would take at least a month to show up?
     
  4. rawd macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2008
    #4
    Prob wait a month to make sure there are no major catastrophic issues, then buy
     
  5. highscheme macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2009
    #5

    Not sure to be honest
     
  6. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

    ViciousShadow21

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2009
    Location:
    To your left or right
    #6
    im going to wait for the one after this one. got mine a year ago so im gonna wait another year.
     
  7. elpmas macrumors 68000

    elpmas

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2009
    Location:
    Where the fresh snow don't go.
    #7
    I'm going to wait and see how the new MBP are doing...being of the first to buy it may have its disadvantages..so waiting a few weeks won't hurt
     
  8. Sequin macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2010
    #8
    I'm not sure. Logically I'd say I am going to wait because that's what I do with most new technology, but I've been dying to get my hands on a MBP for so long... argh. I think my patience is too thin for me to wait much longer.
     
  9. kolax macrumors G3

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2007
    #9
    I'm buying on day one.

    I need a new MBP - I've been using a friend's MacBook for the past few weeks (long story..) and didn't see the point in buying a new MBP when the new ones are so close.
     
  10. alphaod macrumors Core

    alphaod

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2008
    Location:
    NYC
    #10
    Assuming I can do a swap, I'll buy it day one; if I can't then I won't even buy it.
     
  11. DaWooster macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2009
    #11
    Two months until the Edu deals, so that's my boat.
     
  12. MicDK macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2009
    Location:
    Denmark
    #12
    Day 1 for me aswell. I need a new laptop as soon as possible.
     
  13. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

    Jaro65

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2009
    Location:
    Seattle, WA
    #13
    There seems to be plenty of pent-up demand there. That's for sure.
     
  14. jjp14 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2009
    #14
    Probably sometime in May or June. My current laptop is on its last legs :(.
     
  15. Clete2 macrumors 65816

    Clete2

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2008
    Location:
    USA
    #15
    Day one. I've been using a gracious friend's laptop ever since my Dell died in Sept-Nov. (It had been dying for a while but finally died entirely in November)
     
  16. delux246 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2010
    Location:
    Los Angeles
    #16
    Day 1. I've been waiting a while and I kind of need it for work and college. I also think we will see another upgrade by the end of the year so I will sell this one and buy the next.
     
  17. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

    Mintin8

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2009
    Location:
    United Kingdom
  18. Relznuk macrumors 6502

    Relznuk

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2009
    Location:
    UT, USA
    #18
    I really, really need a new one, so I'll be there day one.
     
  19. ExCode macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2010
    Location:
    Philadelphia, PA
  20. Raje macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2010
    #20
    As soon as I have the money. I am almost there.
     
  21. PFDarkside macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2010
    #21
    I've been saying I'm going to buy a maxed out 13" MBP (first Mac) once they refresh since the beginning of Jamuary. Now that the day is drawing near, I'm beginning to have second thoughts. I can't seriously just spend MSRP, that's not my style. Should I give my wad of cash to a friend still in college and go to the Apple store? Order from MacMall and wait a week or two? Choices...
     
  22. thadoggfather Suspended

    thadoggfather

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2007
    #22
    i'm a college student so i'm not duping the system but i know if you order from online and just select a school, you can get the edu discount (instead of giving your friend money to get one for you -- not needed)
     
  23. mug3n macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2010
    #23
    Some time before the annual free ipod deal ends.

    I need a new computer, but not in a dire hurry.
     
  24. alphaod macrumors Core

    alphaod

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2008
    Location:
    NYC
    #24
    Haha; your friend must be getting quite antsy.

    "Oh next week, I'll return it!" … after a week: "I meant next week, sorry!" :p
     
  25. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

    JoshGlzBrk

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2009
    #25
    I will buy right away because I'm not a patient person. It's tearing me apart inside waiting this long especially after ordering a dell studio xps and going through two months of hell in the end to just get a full refund.


    I'm ready for something real.
     

Share This Page