Next Macbook Pro Models?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by UTeach, Jul 20, 2011.

1. UTeach macrumors newbie

Jul 20, 2011
    Hello all, I've been a long time reader of this forum and I just recently signed up. I was wondering if anybody here could give me a hand. I'm required to buy a Macbook because of a program I'm in for school. Now, I realize they just updated the Macbook Air's today, so I'm wondering when the update for the Macbook Pro models will be.

The reason I ask is because I don't need the Macbook Pro until December/January and I really don't want to buy one if a newer model is not that far away.

Any info would be helpful, thanks.
  2. Gen macrumors 6502a

Jul 15, 2008
    I'd guess late Fall - maybe November? But, who knows. :p
  3. miles01110 macrumors Core

Jul 24, 2006
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    Then don't buy one until December or January. That was pretty simple, wasn't it?
  4. snaky69 macrumors 603

Mar 14, 2008
    Don't expect new models before 2012, when Ivy Bridge processors come out.
  5. UTeach thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 20, 2011
    Thanks for the replies. And the reason I'm asking is because I would hate to buy one in December (for example) and have new ones come out in two months.

Plus, I read somewhere that they may be changing from aluminum to something else.
  6. snaky69 macrumors 603

Mar 14, 2008
    Just a rumor that might or might not come true, just like everything else on this website.
  7. Shanekarpi251 macrumors member

May 11, 2011
    I think you should buy now if you're worried the new model will be out. I think there's a good chance that could happen if you buy in late December or January.
  8. old-wiz macrumors G3

Mar 26, 2008
    West Suburban Boston Ma
    It all depends on when Intel will have Ivy Bridge ready. It could be Q1 2012. If there's an update this year I'd expect just a minor spec bump.
  9. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

Mar 22, 2010