Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

foxkoneko

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 5, 2011
Are there any suggested rumors for when the next macbook pro retina are coming out?
I was hoping it was going to be with this recent apple event but no luck :eek:

I currently use the higher end 15'' 2014 early notebook for heavy video editing so a new macbook would help with cutting rendering time for final cut pro X.
Might consider switching to an iMac depending on whether apple releases something before the end of the year.

Last edited:

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Are there any suggested rumors for when the next macbook pro retina are coming out?

I currently use a 2014 early notebook for heavy video editing so a new macbook would help with cutting rendering time for final cut pro X.
Might consider switching to an iMac depending on whether apple releases something before the end of the year.
13 or 15"?The performance difference between the 2014 and 2015 machines isn't all that much. Until skylake rolls around, nobody knows for sure if the upgrade will be worth it.

If your render times are that important to you, you shouldn't be doing them on a laptop. A desktop would run circles around your MBP, backwards, on one leg.

Reactions: Cape Dave

foxkoneko

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 5, 2011
13 or 15"?The performance difference between the 2014 and 2015 machines isn't all that much. Until skylake rolls around, nobody knows for sure if the upgrade will be worth it.

If your render times are that important to you, you shouldn't be doing them on a laptop. A desktop would run circles around your MBP, backwards, on one leg.
it's the higher end 15inch and this laptop was not bought only for video editing. Im usually out 12hours a day so I need some portable. Depending on what apple releases I may pick an iMac instead

TheIguana

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2004
Canada

I currently use the higher end 15'' 2014 early notebook for heavy video editing so a new macbook would help with cutting rendering time for final cut pro X.

Honestly, you should be looking at an iMac or if this really is pro editing a Mac Pro/Windows Box. You are going to get much better performance for your dollar there.

duervo

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2011
Whatever the next one is, it will most likely be some sort of redesign. They're almost due for one anyway, given the history of the designs so far.

If they don't do anything refresh-wise in October/November (I'd be surprised if they do,) then I wouldn't expect anything until spring/summer.

Also, prominent USB-C presence is incoming soon, most likely with a redesign of some sort.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.