Next MacBook pro update

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JonaMX, Dec 8, 2011.

1. JonaMX macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I want to buy a new MacBook pro, should I wait to next update (probably may 2012) ??

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

3. ezramoore macrumors 6502a

Really a question you have to ask yourself, especially since you provided exactly zero details.

4. JonaMX thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hahaha sorry you're right.

I want to move to Mac osx because I'm tired of windows am a web developer so my principal tools are a text editor, photoshop, web browser with to many tabs, MySQL server, php server, ruby... You know thoose kind of applications, and I've decided to buy a MacBook pro 13" but I don't want to buy today and in less than 4 months apple shows a new design or all models with SSD included .... So that's why I don't know if It worth the wait... I have a Toshiba laptop since 2008, but I can still use it fir another six months at least. Thanks for your replies.

5. ezramoore macrumors 6502a

Well, if a new design would be a dealbreaker for you I think you're going to have to wait. I (personally) doubt we will see SSDs adopted in all MBP models at the next refresh, but that is possible too. Especially if we see an extreme redesign.

Given what you have said, I would wait.

6. randomrazr macrumors 65816

didu not bother searching this question?

u should wait....and wait....and wait.....and wait for the 2020 macbook pros while ur at it LOL

7. Blues003 macrumors 6502

What the new laptops should have:

- Ivy Bridge Chipset
    Slight CPU performance increase
    Big GPU performance increase
    Lower heat production
    Longer battery life
    Native USB 3.0 ports

What the new laptops could have, but no one knows for sure:

- Optical drive removed
    Replaced by a dedicated GPU in the 13", larger battery, or a second storage drive like a small SSD
    - Bumped resolution
    Perhaps to equal the MBA 13"'s resolution
    - Redesign
    Overall a thinner body
    - A i7 Quad Core option for the 13"
    Less likely given the Intel Mobile Chipset leak some days ago

You can read more about Ivy Bridge here http://www.anandtech.com/show/5192/ivy-bridge-mobile-lineup-overview

8. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Im not sure about USB 3.0.
    Since Apple came out with thunderbolt, it seems like they are taking USB 3.0 as a rival.

9. Blues003 macrumors 6502

USB 3.0 comes native with Ivy Bridge. If Apple doesn't support it with softoware, it'll be a hardware possibility that can be exploited by third-party drivers later on anyway.

10. Liquinn Suspended

I hope this is true. My wallet is ready for the 17" MBP. We'll see in 6 months or so :)

11. Adamantoise macrumors 6502a

Where do you guys come up with this hogwash?

Apple's only competitors are corporations and products that can impact their net earnings.

USB 3.0 does not impact Apple's net earnings at all, it is a serial data transfer protocol ... Refusing to adopt it will only hurt them in the long run.

12. JonaMX thread starter macrumors newbie

I've read about that Intel Ivy Bridge, and that apple could integrate in the next MacBooks but you know how is this, just a rumor so thats where comes my question if it worth the wait.... Thanks for your reply, I think I'll wait to the next update

13. Adamantoise macrumors 6502a

I'm almost certain it'll be implemented in the next update, else there will be little to no difference between the 2012 Macbook Pro and the Early 2011 Macbook Pro.