Next MacBook To Look Like The MacBook Air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gkarris, Jan 15, 2008.

1. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I like the Aluminum scheme with the black keys. Any chances that Apple will use this color scheme to replace the White MacBook?

2. Sannekita macrumors regular

Sannekita

I don't think there's a chance. The aluminum seperates cosumer and pro lines... So I guess you could call the Macbook Air "a mix"... i just really don't think they'd make the Macbooks aluminum unless they make severe changes on the MBP

3. heatmiser macrumors 68020

About as much of a chance as we've got of getting a second trackpad button--zero.

4. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

We got multitouch instead...

No, don't you think Apple is getting rid of the "white"? They did with the iPod and the iMac...

5. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

I love the white but bought the Air...for the style...alone :)

6. heatmiser macrumors 68020

The iMac is still the consumer line, and there are still huge differences separating them from the pro line Pros. With the MB/Ps, the only significant differences are in the dedicated graphics card, screen coatings, and extra ports. They're not going to get rid of the plastic scheme, as that's the first thing that helps people tell the MB from the MBP.

7. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

I don't think the aluminium separates the pro from consumer anymore. The iMac is a consumer targetted machine and that's turned aluminium.

8. heatmiser macrumors 68020

No one's going to ever mistake an iMac for a Mac Pro, whether by looking at one, using one, or reading the stat sheet; one's an all-in-one machine, while the other's a tower. It doesn't matter if they're both aluminum, as there are too many differences to count between them. The MB/P division is a lot less clear-cut--far less than the iMac/Mac Pro division, and lesser still than the Powerbook/iBook division. They're keeping the plastic/aluminum divide, I guarantee it. :D

9. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

Woudn't it be cool if the MacBook had an aluminum color, and it used the same keyboard with ambient lighting? Multi-touch trackpad too?

They can also get rid of the ethernet, and modem ports. (runs and hides)

I've gotten tired of the white laptops. HP has gone all Aluminum on their notebooks and it looks spiffy:

Attached Files:

10. andrewag macrumors 6502

The MacBook will eventually be made out of something other than Apple. Steve Jobs said it himself, the MacBook is the last computer that uses plastic which is hard to recycle. They will be issuing an environmental report on every product from here on in.

11. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

No, but most people who see mine say "What a beautiful screen" and fail to understand that's the whole thing. But that's ok, their ignorance is my bliss.

12. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

which consumer desktop is white?!?!

all ipods and computers and now alu except the macbook it will be alu bext revision.

13. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

Cool - thanks!

I think just like the iPhone's parts help drive the price down so they can come up with the iPod Touch - maybe use of Aluminum parts in laptop can drive the price down so Apple can start using it on the MacBooks...

It would be cool to have 13" MacBook Pro (with the MBP keyboard and discreet graphics), and an Aluminum 13" MacBook with the keyboard from the Air.