Next Major iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by stringent, Oct 18, 2012.

1. stringent macrumors 6502

stringent

There have been rumours floating around about the iPad Mini event that the regular tablet will just get the Lightning connector to bring in line with the rest of the range. If that is so, Digitimes were reporting that the next major revision of the iPad will be released mid 2013. Have to take Digitimes with a big pinch of salt of course.

If the above is true, think then that Apple will extend the release of a newer iPad (usual thinner, lighter, better camera etc) around mid 2013 rather than the normal Feb/Mar window?

Not going to sell my 3rd Gen iPad just to get the Lightning connector and no other improvements.

2. Booji macrumors 6502a

Booji

Upgrading in less than a year would just be too much.

3. pommie82 macrumors 6502

Iam still on iPad1 so next year might be the year for me to upgrade because they have stop supporting the operating system on iPad 1 and there is a lot features missing which sometimes would be nice to have to use i think i have had my money worth out of the iPad 1 now and i have noticed in the app store there its started where a few apps wont work with iPad 1 which is a shame and as times goes on its going to be even more so i am just hoping for a bigger screen like they did with the iPhone 5 then i be upgrading straight away i didn't see the point in getting retina this year just wasn't worth the money i didn't think i have been holding on for a bigger screen because i watch a lot of films and TV series so it would be worth investing the money in getting a new one for a couple of years.

4. Deako macrumors 6502

Here. Have a , and a .. They might help next time.

5. Lindsford macrumors 6502a

Mar 2013 is what I'd expect.

6. terzinator macrumors 6502

I wonder if the current one is known internally as "2S" and the next one will actually be the "iPad 3"... (don't wanna be calling it 2S and have people not buy it!)

I'd guess March at the latest for the iPad 3, with a lightning port and a faster processor and a turbodiesel option.

7. maccompatible macrumors 6502

The apple website calls it the third generation ipad... Look at the side bar.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad