next MBP refresh? buy now or wait?

Mr.Krinkle86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2010
hey guys after my next check i'm gonna be getting my first mac(baseline 15" MBP)and was wondering if the next refresh is soon? cause if it is ill just wait.

johnb-nts

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2010
Go with your gut

Here's the deal...MBPs are ALWAYS being updated, usually once or twice a year, and chances are less than 6 months after you buy whatever and whenever you buy you won't have the latest and greatest anymore.

That being said, with the chip updates to the i5/i7 processors I'd say any upgrades coming down the pipe before say, early 2011 will probably be incremental or minor price drops.

Go with your gut and buy what and when you need.

Comment

TopHatPlus

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2010
Southern Ontario
Here's the deal...MBPs are ALWAYS being updated, usually once or twice a year, and chances are less than 6 months after you buy whatever and whenever you buy you won't have the latest and greatest anymore.

That being said, with the chip updates to the i5/i7 processors I'd say any upgrades coming down the pipe before say, early 2011 will probably be incremental or minor price drops.

Go with your gut and buy what and when you need.
this, i am expecting a slight graphics improvement and maybe a price drop on hard drives but it will still be the same processors and construction, i am planning on buying mine in 2 weeks =D

Comment

acesam

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2010
The new iMacs are ATI only, they ditched Nvidia...so maybe the next macbook pros will have radeon cards instead of geforce.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.