next MBP refresh? buy now or wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mr.Krinkle86, Aug 4, 2010.

  1. Mr.Krinkle86 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2010
    #1
    hey guys after my next check i'm gonna be getting my first mac(baseline 15" MBP)and was wondering if the next refresh is soon? cause if it is ill just wait.
     
  2. johnb-nts macrumors newbie

    johnb-nts

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2010
    #3
    Go with your gut

    Here's the deal...MBPs are ALWAYS being updated, usually once or twice a year, and chances are less than 6 months after you buy whatever and whenever you buy you won't have the latest and greatest anymore.

    That being said, with the chip updates to the i5/i7 processors I'd say any upgrades coming down the pipe before say, early 2011 will probably be incremental or minor price drops.

    Go with your gut and buy what and when you need.
     
  3. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

    TheBritishBloke

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2009
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    #4
    6-8 months to go. Bassline Wouldn't get much of a bump anyway. Just buy it now.
     
  4. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2010
    Location:
    Southern Ontario
    #5
    this, i am expecting a slight graphics improvement and maybe a price drop on hard drives but it will still be the same processors and construction, i am planning on buying mine in 2 weeks =D
     
  5. acesam macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2010
    #6
    The new iMacs are ATI only, they ditched Nvidia...so maybe the next macbook pros will have radeon cards instead of geforce.
     
  6. stefan1975 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2010
    #7
    maybe they can use quad core i7 ulv's so it will run less hot.
     
  7. Tmacfan4321 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2007
    Location:
    University Park, PA
    #8
    If you need an MBP now, buy it now. There is always going to be another update next year, no matter when you buy.
     

Share This Page