Next MBP refresh, when?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sparkie7, Jul 1, 2013.

1. sparkie7 macrumors 68000

sparkie7

And what are the expected specs apart from Haswell. Longer battery like new MBA, how about faster SSD? More RAM, up to 32GB?

New form factor?

, pls get rid of that ugly black bezel, and bring back alu bezel like the MBA.. But thinner bezel or no bezel :D

2. Memole macrumors member

no one really knows, but I expect it in September/October

and if you really hate black bezel then go for cMBP 15 inch and order Hi-Res screen Anti-Glare screen as it doesnt have black bezel :)
    cMBP 15 can have fast SSD as current MBA if you remove optical drive and normal HDD and you put 2x SSD and then raid0 them as you will get double the speed :) easy 800-900MB/s ;) just like new current PCIe MBA SSD :)

cMBP 15 you could upgrade ram to 16GB and maybe up to 32GB of ram if 16GB sticks are out as cMBP 15 have 2 ram slots only :(

and haswell wont bring any major CPU bump in speed wise maybe about 10% but thats about it

haswell is more about battery life than about speed performance :)

3. sparkie7 thread starter macrumors 68000

sparkie7

Yeah, but not the same as retina :-(

The next rMBP should have PCI SSD too.. no?

Can the rMBP RAM be user upgradeable?

4. dazlicous macrumors 6502a

dazlicous

no its soldered to the logic board

5. lagisibuk macrumors 6502

no, it's very bad decission from apple.
    maybe I will selling my retina 13 and back to mbp 15 (I can do many thing, upgrade ram, ssd, dll and cost cheaper than upgrade ssd on retina display)

6. Memole macrumors member

its not same as retina but thats your only option for now, and only good thing about retina is not the screen resolution if you ask me the good thing about rMBP is IPS screen :)

yes next rMBP should have PCI SSD :)

and rMBP is not upgradeable at all

7. sparkie7 thread starter macrumors 68000

sparkie7

Bummer. Dam you ! Let us upgrade the internal RAM and drives! Pretty please :D

Maybe we will get a black MBP option, you know, to go with the darth vader trash can :p

And that's a pretty please with a cherry on top :D:D

8. Memole macrumors member

if you want black MBP then paint it ;) or i can sell you my old black macbook from 2007 :D

9. sparkie7 thread starter macrumors 68000

sparkie7

Um ok, so what's the real difference between a retina and a hi-res screen then? just the panel tech?

10. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

I don't think 32GB of RAM are in the cards for the rMBP this year. I'd be happy if the 13" MBP had a BTO option for 16GB of RAM but that's not a given either.

PCIe SSD's and longer battery life seem like a good bet. If they are delayed into October then TB2 is a possibility too.

11. Memole macrumors member

Retina have native resolution of 2880x1800 but what apple does it scales down to 1400x900 or you could scale it to 1680x1050 and 1900x1200 as if you use 2880x1800 resolution everything would be so small so tiny so thats why Apple does scales down and yes Retina have IPS screen...

hi-res screen have TN panel which is not that impressive as IPS screen and it don't have good viewing angles as IPS screen and the cMBP screens look washed out comapre to IPS rMBP the screen resolution of hi-res cMBP is 1680x1050 and that resolution is good enough for me but like i said downside of it is TN panel :(

if apple released IPS screen of cMBP i would rather go for cMBP than rMBP but chances are slim as apple didnt updated MBA with ips screen

12. Randy-Marsh macrumors newbie

Just to correct someone earlier in the thread, you can update the drives in the current retina macbooks, but you can't update the RAM as it's soldered Daz said.

As for when the Haswell version will appear... Who knows :mad:

13. sparkie7 thread starter macrumors 68000

sparkie7