Next MBP Rev?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jamminph88, Jun 11, 2007.

1. jamminph88 macrumors member

When will the second batch of MBP's be out? I really dont like buying the first batch of anything (esp a new MBP) cause there tend to be a lot of problems. Does anyone know when the next rev will be out approximatly?

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

they were just updated, there will probably be a bump to LED backlit screens on the 17" model, but other than that the next revision will probably be the beggining of '08

3. negatv1 macrumors 6502

some would say that the 'brand new' macbook pro is the 3rd iteration.

4. Patch^ macrumors regular

Theres not really a certain way to tell, just check the buyers guide for the average time in updates, which is something like 186 days I think. It also depends on processor updates by Intel.

My best bet would probably be the next rev update within 5 months or so? Unless Apple release something completely different.

5. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

Relax man.... I just ordered my 2.4 15" MBP.... lets not talk about the next revs now!!!!!

Allow me to think that my MBP is going to be the latest one, at least for a little while.:rolleyes:

6. noway macrumors regular

noway

Hell of a good question! So here's my answer: No one knows for sure! But if a had to bet on a month, my bet will be on Oct/Nov.
    I believe (and hope) that the *only* changes will be software such as iLife, iWork and Leopard.

I was thinking the same about first batch but I am in a position where it's my first mac since 1989 (used to have a Macintosh 128K). I'm gonna be using it for university so I need to get used to the keyboard (first laptop as well) and OS X.

You might also consider the fact that Apple won't ever sell you something that they aren't proud of. Plus if you get APP you have nothing to worry. That's what I did and think. Hope it helps you.

7. weeman macrumors 6502

Just buy now. There wont be updates for a while.

8. jamminph88 thread starter macrumors member

must not have made myself clear sorry....i meant like the second shipment of the new led sr models. the first release is typically buggy, so i wanted to get one from the second batch, and wanted to know when that would be

9. aethelbert macrumors 601

As far as I know, they get shipped when the demand so requires. I don't think that there is a 2nd shipment per se, but they are shipped almost constantly as they are needed in different places. And they wouldn't find bugs so quickly, it would take upwards of a month to find and fix the problem in the system. Thankfully, no bugs that I know of have come up (at least not here) so you should be fine. And any flaw in production will be covered with the included Apple Care.