Next MBP to get nvidia 9600GT?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Adokimus, Feb 21, 2008.

1. cmm26red macrumors regular

2. cmm26red macrumors regular

Check you story again; it is the desktop version. Nvidia has not even released the 9500M (next week I think), so you will not see a mobile version of this spec for a few more months. Your suggestion that this may be the card for the late-summer/early fall MPB update seems on though.

3. Adokimus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Adokimus

Thanks for the responses. Guess it was wishful thinking on my part. Hopefully they will be available this summer though, and hopefully the MBP will stick with nvidia, unlike the iMac...

4. brandonshough macrumors regular

brandonshough

cool. 2 inch laptops with pci express cards in them and a seperate power brick for just the card eh???

*sarcasm

5. We Healthy macrumors newbie

We Healthy

why would they need to stick with nvidia? they should just choose the better of the two. I certainly wouldn't mind a mobile 38*0 (they aren't in production) in my laptop.

6. Czechmac macrumors regular

Actually mobile radeon 3**0 have been announced at CES and are expected for release in a month or so. They a re built on 55 nm process I believe, which is much better than the existing solution from Nvidia in MBP. Lower manufacture process means lower power consumption and lower heat output, which enables higher clocks, better performing chips.

Apple always goes with the better solution at the moment.