Next New Product Needed (Upgrade ?)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by WHM, Mar 8, 2008.

1. WHM macrumors regular

I am sure others are having the same problem:mad: Received my Time Capsule this week and installation went very smoothly and worked just as advertised. Set up Time Capsule as my base station and as prior extended my network using 2 Airport Express. My old network consisted of an Airport Express (802.11g) the older model, and extended by 2 Airport Express which are also (802.11g) Since the Time Capsule is the newer (802.11n) faster thought it would be nice to upgrade the Airport Express but they are only (802.11g) so I bought a new Airport Extreme to use to extend my network. I have to get full coverage to my whole house. YOU CAN NOT USE THE AIRPORT EXTREME to do this and the Airport Express are all (802.11g). So now I have the new MacBook Pro 2.6Ghz with 4 GB ram and a base station with the faster network speed and I am stuck with the old outdated speed of (802.11g) because of the Airport Express. APPLE NEEDS TO UPDATE THE AIRPORT EXPRESS!!!!!!!!!

2. McGiord, Mar 8, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

3. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

I segmented my network.

My "N" only devices use my Extreme, and my b/g devices use my express. I'm pleased, it allows me to run N in 5GHz mode which allows for the maximum speed the N spec can give (300Mbps).

4. WHM thread starter macrumors regular

I Need The Extension

That make sense.... but I can use the N on all my Apple products. I have 4 Macs at home (all newer models) along with 2 iPhones.If on the other side of house on another floor signal is weak from the base station. If anyone knows how to extend the signal from a N base unit, I would like to know?

5. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

The iPhone isn't an N based device, it's G. You are running in 2.4GHz N mode which gives you backward compatibility with b/g.