Next OS X will be Golden Gate

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Jacksonc, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Jacksonc, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014

Jacksonc macrumors 6502

Jacksonc

Here's the proof that next OS X will be Golden Gate. The "Stickers" ad has the Golden Gate Bridge right on it. I don't know what this means, but I thought I would point it out. Apple often hides things like this, like when they showed a scene from Yosemite National Park at the iPhone 5s launch, so it isn't so unlikely.

Attached Files:

2. Manic Harmonic macrumors 6502

3. iBook_Clamshell macrumors member

Will they call it OS X 10.11? It seems they want to hold on to the "OS X" theme.

I think they should have continued with the cat names through 10.9(they missed the ocelot, my favorite cat:)), then use federal park names for OS X 10.10-10.19. by the way, is the Golden Gate bridge considered a "federal park"?

4. Jacksonc thread starter macrumors 6502

Jacksonc

No, I don't think the Golden Gate is constituted a park, it is probably consittered a bridge. :D But they didn't say they were doing federal parks, they said "places that inspire us in California", so there is a good chance that they will still do it.

5. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

Based on this, it could be OS X Disney (which IS a park). #bwahahaha
    [​IMG]

----------

It’s NOT federal parks (Mavericks was not a federal park). They are simply notable locations in California. Remember the schtick that (was is Cook or Federighi?) did about OS X Rancho Cucamonga and OS X Oxnard?

6. Jacksonc thread starter macrumors 6502

Jacksonc

You really should work at Apple. Although maybe you don't need to because they already thought of that.

----------

That was Federighi. I do remember that, but you forgot to mention OSX Weed.

7. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

LOL. Yeah, I forgot that one.

8. iBook_Clamshell macrumors member

No, I meant that 10.9 should have been a cat. But there isn't an infinite list of cat species, so they have to end them anyway.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't think they said they were using federal parks as much as iconic places in California.