Next Palm Treo???

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by silbeej, Jul 12, 2007.

1. silbeej macrumors 6502a

So i currently have the Palm Treo 650, and absolutely love it. My new every two is going to be coming up early next year, and i've been thinking of a new phone. I don't really like the size of the treo, but don't think i could live without it. My question is if anyone knows of any treo WITHOUT the damn antenna that will be available for Verizon Wireless. I don't care if it's windows mobile or palm os, just if anyone has heard of a treo without the antenna and possibly wifi built in that will be released by Q1 2008.

2. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

I think you might be out of luck. I haven't heard of any of the newer models coming to Verizon any time soon.

If you want a Treo without the antenna, and your "New Every Two" is almost up, that means your contract is almost up as well, right? Why not just switch carriers to Sprint or AT&T? Of course if you go AT&T then just get the iPhone. ;)

3. silbeej thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was debating to switch to AT&T, but it's coverage in my town isn't what you would call nice. Also, everyone i know has verizon so free calls arn't bad. For as long as i can remember, Verizon had the better serivce, but Cingular had the better phones since GSM is what the rest of the world uses. So i don't think i'll ever switch unless a future job gives free cell service ;)

4. Vuzie macrumors regular

Vuzie

if you want a treo without an antenna but not on ATT, your best bet is the Treo755p on the Sprint Network. But then again, it depends on your coverage.

5. nl2134 macrumors member

I've been researching this for awhile...

I crossed Cingular immediately off my list. Horrible reception in my area, along with horrible customer service. That means I won't be getting the iPhone in the forseeable future.

Verizon does have the 700p and the 700wx available now...I believe for $250. You have Verizon so I'm sure you know the data plans are around 40 bucks or so for unlimited usage. They also have the rights to the next Treo, from what I hear, whenever that's coming out. I saw pictures once, I think it looks horrible as compared to the 755p.

Sprint has the antenna-less slimmer more efficient 755p now for $199 after rebate, with activiation and data plan. Sprint's data plans are $20 for unlimited usage.

Hence, I am going to Sprint ASAP!

6. zflauaus macrumors 65816

The 755p, as yg17 mentioned, has been featured on Engadget Mobile, although people, including me, are thinking it's a dummy model because the screen is very similar to a comparison shot with another dummy phone. The release date for the 755p was supposed to be released on the 4th, but that didn't come out. Now any future release date is unknown.

The Treo 800w is also supposed to be released in September, but I highly doubt it as the Samsung i760, VX6800, and 755p have all had their estimated release date come and go.

There is also an antenna replacement for the Treo (650, 700p, 700w, and 700wx) but I don't have the link on me.