Next question...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by firedog, Feb 13, 2008.

1. firedog macrumors newbie

OK--the question of "when" is getting very old as to when the new MacbookPro will magically appear. So, I'm still waiting but would like to know the best way to purchase it. I live and work in the Nashville, TN area and we have a Mac Store and the Mac Authority. Should I buy from of these, pre-order from the on-line store, or order from one of the other vendors?

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

The best place would be where you get the best deal.

3. firedog thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I concur with samh004..

Shop around. Go to the Apple Store and check online but I can say this much. Normally the price of a Mac changes very little no matter where you buy it.

5. firedog thread starter macrumors newbie

Will the Apple stores pre-sale as withe "Air"?

6. Pees330 macrumors 6502

It depends if they just announce the new MBP and say they're shipping in 2 weeks. If they announce that they are shipping today, then it's just like if you would normally buy anything from Apple.

7. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Generally speaking, Apple rarely announces new products in advance. MWSF is the exception. It's very doubtful that they would suddenly say, "New MBPs shipping 6 weeks from now."

Generally speaking new products ship when they're announced.

8. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

it'd be interesting to see if Jobs fesses up and says that the MWSF keynote was a bit lopsideed due to last minute chip problems for the MBP MB and Air.
    I imagine it wil hopefully emerge soon, as soon as the products get released.
    makes the 26th more exciting.