Next sim 3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Az234, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Az234 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    i recently bought a nextsim 3 for my otb 1.1.2 uk
    I put it into my iphone with my vodafone sim and it didnt work so i thought it needed programming.

i put it into a sony erricson phone with the 02 sim that comes packaged and went into sdk and chnage the settings and did what i found from google.

I think tried it in the iphone with the vodafone sim and the sim was not detected at all in the iphone.
    i then tried it in the sony with the vodafone sim in and it started up.

i took out the vodafone card and put in the 02 and the sony would not recognize the sim at all. i have tried the 02 sim by its self to prove my sony is unlocked and that works but as soon as i put the next sim with it i get insert sim.

I have since tried with a lg viewty and two nokias which get the same problem of only working with the vodafone sim and next sim. 02 and next sim doesnt

i am very confused any one got any ideas.

Thanks

2. doobi18 macrumors 6502

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I'm afraid I know the problem. the nextsim is designed to make US at&t phones work, not euro phones.

I bought two yesterday and they work perfectly

Best of luck

Doobs

3. Az234 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Az234 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Az234 thread starter macrumors newbie

The nextsim doesn't work when i put it into my sony ericson to program it with me 02 card my sony says no sim inserted.

When i put it in the same phone with the vodafone sim it works and i can get into the sdk menu .

I will have to sent it back if no one knows

6. doobi18 macrumors 6502

i really would beg to differ.

i bought two yesterday.

the dealer spoke of how he was selling turbosims still to europe because the nextsim wouldn't work there

7. PDE macrumors 68020

Have you tried the instructions here? http://i3gsim.com/how_to.html

I think it's the same card, but there appear to be two versions, one that can be programmed and one that cannot.

8. Az234 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes but it does not get reconized in a normal sony mobile or nokia.