Next step after Lumia 635?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by ryankul, Dec 21, 2014.

1. ryankul macrumors regular

Using a Nokia Lumia 635 to check out Windows Phone. I'm really enjoying the experience and wondering what's the next jump up from here? Got this for only $50 so I'd be willing to spend up to $200 if there is an option in that price range. Thanks

2. nfl46 macrumors 603

You can get the Nokia 1020 for under $200 on Swappa. It has the best camera on a smartphone.

3. ryankul thread starter macrumors regular

Yea. That model looks nice, especially the camera. I kinda wanted something with a 5" display. Haven't used that site before but looked like there were some good deals for sure. Thanks

4. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

635 is pretty much the sweet spot for Windows Phone, upgrading will give you nothing. Maybe a camera, but Lumia cameras are "meh" anyway.

I'd suggest you wait till 640, with 1GB RAM and maybe Snapdragon 410 SoC. And upgrade to it.

5. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Not sure you have access to a Microsoft store. If so, you can play away with the BLU Win HD WP on display there and see if you like it. Decent specs and the price is pretty good and you will have some money left over.

Pickings are slim, manufacturers are not keen on WPs as there is little money to be made to make it really worth it to them.

6. dgr874 macrumors member

As someone who uses a windows phone, just wait for a while before you purchase anything else. The 635 is a good phone to get you familiar with the OS but there is nothing high end right now worth buying. Microsoft is concentrating on getting windows 10 to work right and there probably will not be any new high end hardware until next summer.

7. laserfox macrumors 6502

laserfox

After the 635 I recommend the 735

http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/phone/lumia735/

[​IMG]

4.7''
    Display
    6.7MP
    Main camera
    8GB
    Mass memory
    4G LTE
    Network
    Front camera:
    Full HD 5MP wide angle
    Flash type:
    LED flash
    Processor type:
    Quad-core 1.2GHz
    Wireless charging:
    Built-in (Qi standard)

8. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Completely different price ballpark.

9. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

The 1520 is a high end that is pretty good. The screen is great and the camera is very good. For some, the size is too big. Yes, compared to other Lumias, the price point is high.

10. ryankul thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you everyone for the great input. Think ill stick with the 635 for now and wait and see what comes out. 635 is keeping me happy for the time being.

11. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

This is the first time I have EVER heard someone generalize lumia cameras as "meh: