Next UK Delivery to o2 stores?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nickb, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Nickb macrumors regular

I just spoke to a lady at my local store who said they dont know when the next delivery is - she said as soon as they come into the main distribution centre they then get allocated to certain stores -

i missed out this morning as i had to get to work, and now i can leave work to go and grab the last few in my local store!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

so im hopeing the trafford centre or somewhere close have some in stock tomorrow, or maybe later on tonight as the trafford centre is open untill 10.

does anyone have any idea about stock, or whos still got what, and when next deliveries are coming in?!?

nightmare

2. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

according to the o2 website

but that may be lies, everything else has been!

3. Nickb thread starter macrumors regular

ha yeah - i read that too but that isnt really helpful.

think im just going to have to deal with it and ring around tomorrow to see if anyone has any, failing that ill have to wait until next week!

agh so annoying, if only i didnt work!

anyone else in the same position as me, had to leave for work and now everywhere has sold out??

4. sneeks macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

My local store had a fresh delivery of iPhone's while I was buying one this morning.

5. TheChillPill macrumors regular

Yup, mine too. They came out and said they'd run out of 16Gb iPhones, a load of people left the queue then 5 minutes later they came back out and said they'd just had a new delivery of them.

6. Icewind macrumors regular

Icewind

I'm in the same boat as you Nick. I got up at 6am and went to my local O2 store for about 7:15am. There was already about 20 or so people there. 8:02am and the doors opened. The first 3 customers in queue were taken in and I watched the sales staff bring out their iPhones and start the process. 30 mins later, those same 3 customers were still sitting while the staff were going through manual process. I looked at my watch and was like... FECK!!! It's 8:40, so had to leave and head to work. The manager did however tell everyone in the queue that they only had 10 units in stock and that they were expecting more units to arrive later in the afternoon. He then took our names and phone numbers and wrote them down in an ordered list. He said he'd call later to let us know if he had got any and we could then go back to the store. :(

7. DrBurkstrom macrumors newbie

I gave up on dealing direct with O2

I just ordered mine from the carphone warehouse. Now all I need to do is phone O2 and cancel the order I placed on monday, which all through the week they assured me would be here today. Up until today when they said the order hadn't been allocated a handset yet because they were out of stock!!!

That guy said they were getting new stock in during next week, and it was being distributed on friday. But as someone said, everything else they've said has been a lie.

8. dalcorn1 macrumors regular

nest delivery at mu local o2 store is tuesday/wednesday

9. Nickb thread starter macrumors regular

Did he ring you back?

To be honest i didnt think there would be a que at macclesfield as its such a small store and last time i just walked in, paid and walked out - but when the que didnt move for half an hour i though, right im not getting one for at least a week!

just rang my local again and they have sold out and the guy said not to expect any for a few weeks!!!wft, that cant be the case surely?

think ill ring the trafford center store in the morning and see if they have any left -

i wonder if this is just to cause hype so that people rush out and buy them, almost drip feeding the comsumer in order to create press interest and publicity.

thing is its just annoying people - hmmm i was really looking forward to sitting at home tonight with a glass of ice cold milk, the dog on my lap and my new iPhone:D:D

10. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I received a call from O2 last night to say that my online-ordered iPhone will be with me by Friday 18th July. This would indicate that O2 will be receiving a central delivery from Apple before then.

11. Nickb thread starter macrumors regular

hm interesting .... so maybe mid week they may be getting some more in - thing is they are sent to a central distribution centre and then sent out to the stores, and bigger stores get priority, so i guess its hard to say which store will get what, when?!

bet your abit pis*ed about having to wait another week?

12. Nickb thread starter macrumors regular

Just spoke to a lady at one of the trafford centre stores and she told me they arnt allowed to discuss the amount of stock they are holding?!?!

something suss there:confused:

13. pauld macrumors regular

Any word of ANY 16GBs left ANYWHERE in London?

Thanks.

14. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Any word onUK, Birmingham stock?
    I'd have a laugh if O2 was running off an antiquated stock database from MS...
    Anyone else here in need of getting one, and looking to do so tomorrow ?

15. philgilder macrumors 68000

i heard deliveries on tues/wed from several people at the o2 shop in bedford

16. chrissmash macrumors regular

I heard tuesday they are going to bleed iphones into most O2 UK stores again.

17. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Friday, and every Friday onwards.

Confirmed, by 12 o2 CS advisers.

R-Fly

18. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

That may be BS frm CSA's though , as their normal stock comes in on Tuesday and Friday - the store I was in basically said - stock just normally comes through the door, and they have *no* idea about when more will turn up for the iPhone.

Anyway - a tidbit from the O2 100 Custoemr Service Number:

The rep said that their information is that it will be 2 weeks until online and over the phone gets another stock delivery.

Call the store to find out current stock, and perform a sacrificial slaying of a Symbian phone/use tea leaves for impending stock deliveries to any specific store...

19. sibruk macrumors 6502a

I'm beginning to wonder if O2 can ever be consistent in delivering information to customers.

I've just been told by an O2 (2302) agent that all stores will have their next delivery on Friday, with further deliveries every fortnight thereafter.

20. Icewind macrumors regular

Icewind

Nah.... He never called. Even if he had, I was working the rest of the day, so couldn't have went to collect one :(

I think I m just gonna wait till after my holiday in Gran Canaria at end of month, then try for a white 16gb.