next uk promo offer?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rangeboy, Jul 30, 2008.

1. rangeboy macrumors newbie

hi, i wanted to buy an iMac last week, but thought i would wait until the printer offer ended to see if anything better popped up.. (like the US ipod touch offer).

Printer offer ended today and nothing is there. should i just buy one? or should I wait? i have no idea when the back to school promotion will come in.

i would wait if it was not long but i don't want to wait weeks for it. unfortunately there is no way of knowing. i just wanted anyones thoughts and advice on what i should do..

2. TayHarley macrumors member

TayHarley

Nothing appeared overnight :( :( :(

Try creating a basket at the online store and leaving it for a couple of days and you'll get a call from Apple Sales - if you are a new customer/or otherwise (?) and see what offers appear whilst waiting for the call.

alternatively, try calling Sales direct and trying to cut a deal/schmooze - they are keen to sell to me with a £35.00 discount - 'as much as I can offer' - as I wanted a printer that was not on the list, not a student and not business VAT registered so no other options available.

Not clear if £35.00 is before VAT (I hope so !!). I'm just waiting news of a new contract and then will be purchasing a 24" @ 3.06 (to get the bigger drive and better graphics card). The £35 +VAT essentially makes up the cost difference between the two 24" machines if upgrading.

There are some other threads - comments on getting iWork and AppleCare for free by saying you are going to buy elsewhere e.g. John Lewis for their 2 year warranty and £70.00 for the 3rd year).

I tried this tack and also the 'buying via the 'Apple Store for the whole experience' .... got nowhere :(

fingers crossed
    Hopefully, a new promo will appear before my contract arrives !!! :D

3. muldul macrumors 6502

Don't the usually renew the free printer offer more or less straight away

4. andimaciphone macrumors member

andimaciphone

5. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Refurbed iMacs are £200 off the new price. Apple also just emailed a bunch of £69 off £699 coupon codes.