Next update -> design update?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by danaomarques, Apr 14, 2010.

1. danaomarques macrumors newbie

Hello,

This is my first post and I am very happy for that because I have been reading this forum for a long time.

My question: recent update have not included any change related to design. I know that Apple doesn't change it with every update they release, but i just would like to know your opinios about when do you think Apple will introduce the next design update to Macbook pros.

Thank you very much in advance. (Please, sorry for my poor English)

2. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    I'm thinking 2012, they kept the Powerbook design even after a name rebrand - think it lasted around 5 years, you'll have to check that though.

3. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

The only design alteration I see in the near future is a wider MBP to accomodate possible 16x9 displays.

4. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

In fact I was very [pleasantly] surprised that it wasn't done during this update since it's an industry trend. My guess would be that the next update will be a minor one, and the following one will include updated enclosures with 16x9 displays.

5. mzlin macrumors member

6. vasuba macrumors member

I think a design upgrade is coming simply because as people point out the latest update was limited to dual cores because the unibody cannot handle the heat etc of the quad cores.

Problem there is the next line of CPUs coming from intel will not have a dual core model. Quad Core and up only. The redesign may not change anything on the outside but they will be forced to adapt the inside to the new tech

7. danaomarques thread starter macrumors newbie

In fact your desing is bautiful...i would love to see something similar. And also i would like to see softer sharp edges (as it was told). This is one of the things i like the most of current MacBook.