Next Update? When?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CARBUF6727, Oct 9, 2007.

1. CARBUF6727 macrumors newbie

I was wondering if anybody knew when the next iphone update would take place. I did read somewhere not till January, but that was from a guy who was saying they were fixing to make the phone compatible with hearing aids.

If you have any info it would be appreciated:)

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

hardware update by January I say no way. Software update by then most likely yeah.

3. Gonzlobo Suspended

They'll update software when there's something new to sell.

4. Marcjcd macrumors member

Your absolutely right! Next for us will be a pretty little icon next to the Wifi Store. I will be called "tollbooth". Tollbooth when touched will redirect you to a virtual tollbooth where you must give Apple $1.25 (via iTunes or direct bill through AT&T) to then get redirected to safari so we can all use applications... ON THE WEB! See, that keeps all you security nuts on here happy by leaving the iPhone locked while also generating revenue for Apple, their top priority since releasing iPhone. :)

5. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

sarcasm only really works well when it has some basis in reality.

so you'd have to take something we don't have on the iPhone and then charge for it, kinda like ringtones.

For example, New on iTunes Tollbooth which for the low low price of $10.99 a month allows you to send and receive 200 MMS on your iPhone!

6. agirton macrumors regular

With Leopard

I am sure there will be an update with Leopard that will hopefully add some functionality, or widgets, or something.

7. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

8. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

I think they will release another software update later this month. I don't know that there will be anything new, but there should be one for compatibility with Leopard and to get out any bugs found in 1.1.1. I don't think we will see any new apps til MacWorld.

9. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Agree. They are financing the billing of the iphone just like the appletv over 24months..and nothing has come of the appletv. I expect a minor update in January for the iphone. appletv...who knows..

10. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Once Jailbreak for 1.1.1 makes its way to the wild.

11. bonjavi macrumors member

There should be an update before nov 9 , for international translations, dictionary and regional settings (like the one showed at the london event)

12. glennyboiwpg macrumors 6502

Oh Come On People

I don't get it.... I just don't get it.

THEY JUST RELEASED THE IPHONE THIS SUMMER!

your NOT going to have a new IPHONE for AT LEAST a YEAR.

GET OVER IT!

13. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

Well if your asking about the next software update I would say by the end of October. October/November should be months filled with software updates/patches from Apple software/3rd party software/iPhone software to coincide with the release of leopard .

If your asking about a hardware update then no. It's possible Apple may have a new iPhone in the works, almost ready to announce but I doubt January. It wouldn't make sense for Apple to announce a hardware update to iPhone many months before they plan on releasing it (unlike version 1) . And I don't think it makes sense for Apple to release version 2 until summer. But I know as much as the guy next door. who knows.

14. CARBUF6727 thread starter macrumors newbie

No..not a hardware update..I wouldnt expect that for awhile.