Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

svndmvn

Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
Italy
So I guess we can start speculating about the next updates for laptops and desktops, right?
the buyer's guide says Macbook pros get updated every 8 months or so, while macbooks every 6,and for the last 2 updates these have happened in the same day, I think the MBP's next update will consist in a speed/GB bump offering new chipsets or processors, a lot of people on this forum know better..while the Macbook could be updated a little after,possibly in 10 months from now?
the 15" is too much for me and I'd like a regular MB,probably the 2.4Ghz, which I'll be buying in a few months, that's why I was wondering when and what will Apple's next updates will be.
I think we all agree we should see new iMacs,Mac Pros and ACDs, 17" MBPs like the front page suggests, in a few months

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Recent history is that Apple pushes out new notebooks between late Feb and mid-April and then again in Sept or Oct. Nehalem (Core i7) chips won't ship until mid '09 at the earliest so don't expect a solid update until this time next year.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Already a thread about the next updates? I must confess that I am lost for words. Perhaps a week, just a week, free of such speculation given that updates have just been released, is that too much to ask? Just a simple, single, week........ah, let us whistle tunefully in the wind.
Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.