Next Upgrade...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SChaput, Jul 13, 2008.

1. SChaput macrumors regular

Assuming that apple makes MMS work on the iPhone is this something that they will be able to distribute as a software update? or an entirely new hardware update a year from now?
    I realize the introduction of the app store creates a whole new realm for things to come but i am just referring to MMS coming straight from apple developers.
    Thanks.

2. JD92 macrumors 6502a

JD92

It would be possible for Apple to put it in a future firmware update but I think it's pretty clear Apple have no intentions of putting MMS on the iPhone otherwise they would have done it by now.

I've also heard it won't be coming from a 3rd party app store developer as it requires a higher amount of access to the iPhone's OS than app store developers have.

3. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

MMS is disabled on your AT&T acct.*

Prove it to your self, take your iPhone sim out slap it in your old MMS capable phone then try sending a MMS. :mad:
    There is nothing to be made to work, :apple: feels MMS is dead. I along with others highly doubt :apple: will dev a native MMS app. Just as easy to email the pic to someone...

* I've tested this on the following;
    iPhone gen1 w/Swirly MMS iPhone sim = Fail | Non-iPhone sim = Win
    Samsung Sync iPhone sim = Fail
    Palm Treo 650 iPhone sim = Fail
    MotoRazor v2 iPhone sim = Fail
    Nokia 6820 iPhone sim = Fail

4. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

What if you want the picture on your phone? I for one dont see everyone in my contact list to take a picture of them when they are right in front of me. I also like to send pictures of where I am and what I am doing straight to someones phone, not their email address. It adds an extra step into the process with no MMS. It should be included, period.