Next Version of iOS

Cgbspur21

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2010
78
0
Hey everyone! I will be selling my iPhone 4S in about 2 weeks, and unlocking with Gevey before that. My question is: Should I go ahead and restore now? I really don't want to yet as I am jailbroken and this is my primary phone. Or, am I safe to wait and restore it in about two weeks to 6.1.3? Basically, I'm asking, will Apple release any updates in the next two weeks? Please let me know your opinion! Thanks in advance!
 

Premium1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2013
535
35
Hey everyone! I will be selling my iPhone 4S in about 2 weeks, and unlocking with Gevey before that. My question is: Should I go ahead and restore now? I really don't want to yet as I am jailbroken and this is my primary phone. Or, am I safe to wait and restore it in about two weeks to 6.1.3? Basically, I'm asking, will Apple release any updates in the next two weeks? Please let me know your opinion! Thanks in advance!
Probably not, they most likely are focusing everything onto IOS7 now
 

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
1,164
72
I would definitely hold off until any new release of iOS is announced as most have stats on MR will not happen until WWDC on June 10, 2013. Very close, only like 3 weeks away.
 

Cgbspur21

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2010
78
0
I would definitely hold off until any new release of iOS is announced as most have stats on MR will not happen until WWDC on June 10, 2013. Very close, only like 3 weeks away.
I think you misunderstood my question haha. I was asking if I was ok to wait until then to update. Because, I need to be on 6.1.3 (current version) when I unlock with the Gevey.
 

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
1,164
72
I think you misunderstood my question haha. I was asking if I was ok to wait until then to update. Because, I need to be on 6.1.3 (current version) when I unlock with the Gevey.
Sorry I misunderstood. If there are no JB rumors I would hold off too. Currently I'm on 6.1.4 and regret I'm not jail broken. And if you are using this Gevey unlock with much reason you should wait, since you could be locked out of your network.
 

ross1998

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2013
948
194
I think you misunderstood my question haha. I was asking if I was ok to wait until then to update. Because, I need to be on 6.1.3 (current version) when I unlock with the Gevey.
Aren't there gevey like imposed now that unlock the phone thru apn setting and don't need jailbreak. I think it's called rsim7
 

Cgbspur21

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2010
78
0
Aren't there gevey like imposed now that unlock the phone thru apn setting and don't need jailbreak. I think it's called rsim7
Yeah, exactly. But, the NEW Gevey Ultra S CDMA+GSM only works on iOS 6.1.3 and under. Basically, I was just asking if there would be another version of iOS for my 4S before iOS7 is released.
 

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
2,177
238
Basically, I was just asking if there would be another version of iOS for my 4S before iOS7 is released.
Considering it will probably be 4-5 months before iOS 7 is released, Apple will probably have another bug fix or two for iOS 6. But no one knows that for sure but Apple.
 

Cgbspur21

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2010
78
0
Considering it will probably be 4-5 months before iOS 7 is released, Apple will probably have another bug fix or two for iOS 6. But no one knows that for sure but Apple.
Hmmm. Ok. I guess I should just update now then, to avoid any issues when I sell the iPhone. Thanks!