Next year open it up to pre-orders first?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by army91c, Jun 15, 2010.

1. army91c macrumors 6502a

Now I know you reservers are going to go nuts but I think they should open up to pre-orders first and THEN, a few hours later, open it up for those that want to "reserve" for pick-up.
    I assume most people that logged on were trying to reserve a phone. With pre-orders the money is "guaranteed" if you will (I know they could always cancel the order but....) so that money is "in the bank". The stores are going to have phones no matter what, so let the pre-order folks get theirs before flooding the lines with "reserve" orders. Eases up the interewebs and you won't get all the "bitching" posts.

What do you say?

2. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

No, what they should have done is let everyone that was actually eligible go first, and then like a week later, have the people who are being pushed up then go.

It is no fair that people who may not have gotten the phone at this moment may have gotten it before people who have been eligible and waiting for months for the phone.

3. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I think eventually this will be solved by opening up to other carriers. Nothing really "wrong" has happened unless they're out of stock. Even then, the problem is stock and not the website going kerplunk.

But adding this demand to Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint would spread out some traffic.

4. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

Not really because then all those people would be coming onto Apple's website as well.

5. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

LOL, I don't think that will happen. See, your money is ALREADY in the bank, which means apple doesn't have to worry about getting it. My money is not, and if it looks as though I might have to wait an extra day, or week, that means I have time to think that it's not worth the hassle and will go for the next best android flavor of the week. (not saying I will, but as others have posted on this page, is something they are thinking about).