NextCloud / Owncloud Client on PPC Mac?

netsrot39

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 7, 2018
Austria
Hello,
is there any chance of getting a NextCloud or OwnCloud Client working on a PPC Mac? I know that there is no official port out there but could it be built? I'm not a developer so I don't really have any experience ... A NextCloud or OwnCloud sync client would facilitate working with files on a server tremendously since I found that WebDAV isn't really working under 10.4 and 10.5 and sharing files via FTP is a solution that isn't seamless at all.

Looking forward to hearing what the experts have to say :)

Lastic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2016
North of the HellHole
Reactions: netsrot39

dbdjre0143

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2017
West Virginia
Sounds like another PowerPc challenge for me to try :) thanks for the link
Did you ever end up trying this @Lastic? I finally ended up setting up my OwnCloud server last weekend. I don't think I'm going to end up using the desktop app, since (from my understanding anyway), it requires a complete sync with the remote (not having some files be "online-only" like in Dropbox/OneDrive). I could be wrong about that though.

Lastic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2016
North of the HellHole
Did you ever end up trying this @Lastic? I finally ended up setting up my OwnCloud server last weekend. I don't think I'm going to end up using the desktop app, since (from my understanding anyway), it requires a complete sync with the remote (not having some files be "online-only" like in Dropbox/OneDrive). I could be wrong about that though.
Not yet but then the Challenge never really ends, does it :)

On what OS and architecture did you setup your OwnCloud server ?