Phones Nexus 4 and Cyanogenmod Install Problem

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by strausd, Dec 31, 2012.

1. strausd, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012

strausd macrumors 68030

I used ROM manager to download and install the latest nightly of Cyanogenmod on my Nexus 4. It has been stuck on the circling logo thing with the word Cyanogen in the middle and two rotating like circles around it. It has been stuck on that for the last 30 minutes or so.

Is that normal? If not, how do I fix it?

2. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

Here's what it is stuck on

Attached Files:

3. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Try doing a hard reboot. If it doesn't work get back into recovery mode and wipe and flash it + gapps again. This isn't normal, it should only take a few minutes at most to boot up the first time.

4. Explicitic macrumors 6502

If 3bs's resolution doesn't work, you should flash the stock image then root + flash CWM and try flashing CM again.
    Make sure you wipe your device's data and cache before flashing. Try formatting the system as well under "mounts and storage." Also create a nandroid to make sure you can get your phone back to a working state in case things like this happen.

5. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

Tried rebooting and the same thing was happening. Just did a restore to a backup I did earlier today. Might try it again when they are out of nightlies.

6. blackhand1001 macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

DId you wipe your data partition? That usually will fix a bootloop issue.

7. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

I don't know. Does ROM manager do that automatically when you set it up to install a new ROM from within the app?

8. blackhand1001 macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

Just reboot to recovery and use clockworkmod itself.

9. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

I am actually going to try it again now for the extended desktop mode to get rid of the onscreen buttons.

10. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Don't use ROM Manager to flash it, go into the recovery and do it from there. If you're flashing from stock you probably need to wipe your data partition too. Then it should work fine. If not redownload the ROM and GApps, you might have got a corrupted download somehow.