Nexus 4 Battery [faulty?]

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by bushido, Dec 20, 2013.

1. bushido Suspended

Mar 26, 2008

so i have got myself a Nexus 4 in like August for my study abroad due to the fact that my iPhone 5 has a simlock still.

anyway, its a pretty solid device if it wasnt for the damn battery life. I am starting to wonder if my battery might be faulty. It should still be covered by warranty if it has a reasonable loss right?

I'm fairly new to android but is it "normal" for an android device / nexus 4 to take THIS long to charge? it is taking more than 4+ hours to charge while my iPhone 5 is charged in what feels like no more than an hour. Often i cannot even completely charge it during the day because it simply takes way too long.

Sometimes i barely use it all day and the battery has dropped like 40% and the display is all warm. Just last night when i went to bed it was at around 46 %. i wake up this morning and its drained ...

I will try to post a screenshot of the usage once its charged and been used for a bit ...
  2. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

Mar 19, 2012
    Battery life isn't long but the warm display and long charge times lead me to believe there may be an issue.
  3. appledes7 macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2011
    If it is still under warranty try and do an RMA. I don't know if the RMA process is the same where you live, but in the US they will send you a brand new one and a prepaid shipping label via email. You won't have to send yours back until you get the new one so you don't have to go without a phone.