Nexus 4 heat issues

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by The13thDoctor, Aug 4, 2013.

1. The13thDoctor macrumors regular

I recently bought a Nexus 4 and on the first day I received it, I installed 4.3. Well but the thing is, the phone gets kinda toasty with Data on. So I'm wondering whether this is a regular occurrence on 4.2 or that 4.3 is causing the heat issues.

2. slu macrumors 68000

slu

Mine gets just as hot with 4.3 as it did with 4.2.2. Frankly, this is one of the few complaints I have with this phone. Just using Chrome over 3G causes it to get overly warm.

3. maxosx macrumors 68020

It's a known issue exclusive to the combination of a Nexus 4 running 4.3.

I've been using my N4 on 4.2 since the day I got it, just 5 days after they were first released. It ran just fine and only got slightly warm under load.

Once I updated it to 4.3 the temperature increased quite a bit. I researched it and learned that Google's working on it.

4. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

Unfortunately it's a known issue to the Nexus 4. Mine would always get hot just charging the thing. I hope the Nexus 5 is better.

5. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

I don't think it's an issue. It just gets warm from time to time. Although I haven't noticed it in a while.