Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
It's probably LG that'll take the hit as Google don't care what phone you have, as long as you use their services.

The thing is, I was at the mall yesterday and there are so many adds for the nexus line it's crazy. Most people have no idea what that is and then to find out it's sold out is a huge blow to them. None of my friends knew what the nexus4 was when I showed them.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I completely agree. They missed black friday, and they're on the verge of missing cyber monday.

They probably lost out on so many customers to $49 dollar deals for S3's from Radio Shack, Best Buy, etc.

Their loss.

Yep, my gf just got an S3 and the total was like 100 bucks with a case, screen protector, car charger etc.

I didn't know they had that deal. I was blown away by what she got for the money.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
Yep, my gf just got an S3 and the total was like 100 bucks with a case, screen protector, car charger etc.

I didn't know they had that deal. I was blown away by what she got for the money.
That is a good deal!

I'll be happy if I could just get my case. Taking forever to get here. I ordered a USB OTG adapter a day later than the case and it arrived in 3 days. My case was not even shipped for over 2 days.

The original plastic on the back is looking mighty poor at this point.

What I really want is the bumper. Naturally that is unobtainable right now too. Grrrr....

Michael

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011

As did two friends of mine! They didn't know about the deal either, walked into a best buy, and picked up two lines. One of them was waiting for the Nexus 4 but didn't want to pass up on the deal.

hallaisen

macrumors regular
May 28, 2006
I was trying to buy 2 N4s on launch day and got trolled by Google like everyone else. The second phone was for my father and he just purchased an S3 instead. For myself I am looking at waiting for the HTC DLX or getting the HTC ONE X+. I wonder how many customers like us Google has lost in this fiasco.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
Definitely can't speak for how reliable it is.

The best method of knowing availability would and should be from Google, but they've decided to stay in the dark about it.

Communication and customer service at its finest. :cool:

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM

The best method of knowing availability would and should be from Google, but they've decided to stay in the dark about it.

I must say yesterday i shared a couple of email with Reggie from google costumer service :D replys were fast, mostly to know if any date change with backorder but it seems they dont have any info atm :rolleyes:

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona

I gotta say, that "SOLD OUT" text, without any other info, is about as customer unfriendly as they could get.

It's almost like saying: too effin bad, we ain't got it!!! Deal with it!

Michael

The Face

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2012
This is an absolute joke.

Seriously, how does it take a multi-billion dollar cooperation what it seems like its going to be months to restock the most demanded mobile device of the year? Samsung doesn't ever have this problem, not even Apple has delays lasting months.

Massive fail on Googles part, very disappointing.

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
This is an absolute joke.

Seriously, how does it take a multi-billion dollar cooperation what it seems like its going to be months to restock the most demanded mobile device of the year? Samsung doesn't ever have this problem, not even Apple has delays lasting months.

Massive fail on Googles part, very disappointing.

Maybe they didnt expect these plus LG also have to make the optimus G etc

Asus probably can focus a lot building the nexus 7 and samsung well those guys can pump nexus 10 like nothing.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Is Google a multi Billion dollar company? That isnt my point but i didnt think they were that rich.

This is an epic fail. They arent a phone distribution company so cant some of this blame be on LG? Why cant they make more and just ship them to Googles warehouse or where ever they come from. Obviously they werent expecting this kind of reaction for the phone.

Last edited:

The Face

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2012
Maybe they didnt expect these plus LG also have to make the optimus G etc

Asus probably can focus a lot building the nexus 7 and samsung well those guys can pump nexus 10 like nothing.
It's just a poor show IMO.

Saying LG have to make the Nexus 4 and Optimus G is no excuse for them. Samsung are constantly pumping out at least 10 different mobile devices, multiple tablets and god knows how many other electronics at the same time, yet they never have any real stock limitations. And even if they do, they're such short delays you barely hear a word about it.

I feel LG are just lazy, who runs their factories, chimps? Are they making 1 Nexus a day or something? I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a restock until January at least, especially after all the back orders.

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Is Google a multi Billion dollar company? That isnt my point but i didnt think they were that rich.

This is an epic fail. They arent a phone distribution company so cant some of this blame be on LG? Why cant they make more and just ship them to Googles warehouse or where ever they come from.mObviously they werent expecting this kind of reaction forvthe phone.

http://business.time.com/2012/02/10/apple-now-worth-more-than-microsoft-google-combined/

Lol Google is worth almost 200 Billion. According to this at least.

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
It's just a poor show IMO.

Saying LG have to make the Nexus 4 and Optimus G is no excuse for them. Samsung are constantly pumping out at least 10 different mobile devices, multiple tablets and god knows how many other electronics at the same time, yet they never have any real stock limitations. And even if they do, they're such short delays you barely hear a word about it.

I feel LG are just lazy, who runs their factories, chimps? Are they making 1 Nexus a day or something? I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a restock until January at least, especially after all the back orders.

Lol get a grip mate ! No reason to be these mad or harsh :p im on backorder aswell :eek:

Plus samsung are really the top dogs of manufactur

The Face

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2012
Lol get a grip mate ! No reason to be these mad or harsh :p im on backorder aswell :eek:

Plus samsung are really the top dogs of manufactur
Sorry, just had to get the rant out.

But LG are a terrible manufacturer though, they don't even know what the word update means.

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
I gotta say, that "SOLD OUT" text, without any other info, is about as customer unfriendly as they could get.

Tell me about it, I wish they took a page from how Apple handles pre-orders when even if the first round is sold out they still allow you to order the phone, just delay delivery estimates. I just want at the very least to be able to get a place in line, rather than waiting with everyone else to horde their servers, creating more bottlenecks and server errors again.

dalbir4444

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2012
Tell me about it, I wish they took a page from how Apple handles pre-orders when even if the first round is sold out they still allow you to order the phone, just delay delivery estimates. I just want at the very least to be able to get a place in line, rather than waiting with everyone else to horde their servers, creating more bottlenecks and server errors again.

Exactly, that's all I ask for. Why can't they allow pre-ordering? I don't care if it takes three weeks to deliver, I just want to get it off my mind.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.