Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Googlerola

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2013
When I'm zooming in on anything there seems to be a slight hesitation it takes a second or so to actually zoom in. This problem has always existed for me stock or otherwise,is it just my phone?

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
When I'm zooming in on anything there seems to be a slight hesitation it takes a second or so to actually zoom in. This problem has always existed for me stock or otherwise,is it just my phone?

By anything do you mean zoom in on anything in a browser or zoom in on anything like pictures in gallery etc.

Googlerola

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2013
By anything do you mean zoom in on anything in a browser or zoom in on anything like pictures in gallery etc.

Gallery,any browser (chrome seems to be the worst) its just I pinch my finger and it takes a second or so to actually zoom in.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
It's a problem of the Nexus 4 and iPhone 5 has it too. It's because the screen technology is different from phones like mine, the S3. The screen has less layers I think. Before there was a layer for touch input only and now that layer is unified with the layer of the screen, which in turns produces that second lag.

Look it in Nexus 4 and iPhone 5 reviews on websites and YouTube videos. It's a hardware problem.

Googlerola

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2013
It's a problem of the Nexus 4 and iPhone 5 has it too. It's because the screen technology is different from phones like mine, the S3. The screen has less layers I think. Before there was a layer for touch input only and now that layer is unified with the layer of the screen, which in turns produces that second lag.

Look it in Nexus 4 and iPhone 5 reviews on websites and YouTube videos. It's a hardware problem.

Actually,my iPhone 5 is instantaneous zooming. Honestly.

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
Gallery,any browser (chrome seems to be the worst) its just I pinch my finger and it takes a second or so to actually zoom in.

If its not loading anything and you are having issues zooming in, try dolphin or boat as I found them to be great.

If it is stuttering while you zoom in as it is loading some elements, no browser will help you there unfortunately.

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
This is one of the reasons I returned my nexus 4. It bothered the hell out of me and since its happened on two nexus phones I figured it was hardware.

It was something with the touch points. If you start a pinch to zoom on another phone it works instantly. It you start and go slow on the nexus nothing will happen until your fingers get a certain distance apart. Weird.

Googlerola

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2013
This is one of the reasons I returned my nexus 4. It bothered the hell out of me and since its happened on two nexus phones I figured it was hardware.

It was something with the touch points. If you start a pinch to zoom on another phone it works instantly. It you start and go slow on the nexus nothing will happen until your fingers get a certain distance apart. Weird.

YES this is exactly what I'm talking about! But I love my N4 too much. I think stock android is worth the little delay.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
Its not android related but nexus 4 specific. It doesn't occur on the galaxy nexus. I have seen videos comparing the two.

otismotive77

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2013
that's strange, i also had a nexus 4 and in my opinion it was the fastest and the most fluidy device i'd ever used.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.