Nexus 5 Battery Percentage (No rooting required)

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Lloydbm41, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

For those that miss having a battery percentage along with the battery icon, here is a minor modification that will work with any Nexus 5 (no root required).

Note that this is a simple mod and you will only see the percentage number once your battery is at around 50% or less, as this is a white % number on a white battery background color. The dev explains this had to be done this way to work without root. This simply uses code already present and does not alter any other code... basically a hack of activating something that was hidden.

So, here is the link to the thread. You need to ensure you have 'unknown sources' checked in your phone settings for this to download. Once done, you can uncheck the 'unknown sources' box. Cheers.

Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2516913

2. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

VERY nice, TYVM. Very nice mod, I was looking for something like this.

3. Lloydbm41 thread starter macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Yeah, I was too. Until frameworks mods come out, this will work. (I am an icon bar snob myself and hate having a battery percentage icon over on the left side of my status bar. Now I can delete the app. :D

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw