Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
Someone may have already posted this so my apologizes in advance :)

But for the Nexus 5 owners out there what color Nexus are you rocking? White or Black?

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
black, and I use it naked...love the way the phone feels in hand (sounds creepy re-reading this)

Stooby Mcdoobie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
I have the black model. Probably would have gone with white if the whole phone was white. Not a fan of the half and half look.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Do you have the white? How would you compare the difference between the backs? The black has a very soft-touch matte finish, and I have heard the white is more solid.

I do have the white one. From what I understand the white is more of a harder plastic than the black. The black feels a bit more rubbery. The back on the white one still feel great in hand. One of the best feeling phones I have ever had. Just a bit different. Also the white one has kind of glossy side, and the black takes the back and puts the same material on the sides.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I do have the white one. From what I understand the white is more of a harder plastic than the black. The black feels a bit more rubbery. The back on the white one still feel great in hand. One of the best feeling phones I have ever had. Just a bit different. Also the white one has kind of glossy side, and the black takes the back and puts the same material on the sides.

awesome, thanks. I have not seen a white one in person yet.

emeraldringer

macrumors member
May 24, 2009
I'd go for the white. I have a black Nexus 4 and like the idea of a change of pace, 'stormtrooper-looking' Nexus 5.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009

For the same reason I wouldn't consider the white iPhone 5s or any other elctronic, I like my stuff to be black and matching. Can't stand the front being white and taking away from what I'm looking at.

VladM

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2008
White has the cheap & nasty Samsung style plastic at the back, not to mention the homemade, half-and-half look. No thanks Jeff, black all the way.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
White has the cheap & nasty Samsung style plastic at the back, not to mention the homemade, half-and-half look. No thanks Jeff, black all the way.

Cheap Samsung look? What are you talking about? Have you even held the phone in hand? Feels so much better than an Samsung phone.

VladM

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2008
Cheap Samsung look? What are you talking about? Have you even held the phone in hand? Feels so much better than an Samsung phone.

Yes, I have. I'm taking about the slick, glossy plastic used for the back cover of the Nexus 5. It feels and looks cheap.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Yes, I have. I'm taking about the slick, glossy plastic used for the back cover of the Nexus 5. It feels and looks cheap.

Yeah what else would you be talking about. I completely disagree, but ok you have your opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.