Nexus 5 Speaker and Headphone Volume Boost - Root only mod

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Lloydbm41, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

For those Nexus 5 owners that are rooted, you may or may not have seen this mod, but throwing it up here to assist those that have not. The link goes to XDA forum and the files require flashing in custom recovery like CWM or TWRP.

I have done it and it does work. Pretty amazing what a little software mod can do. As always read the post and always Nandroid before modifying. Cheers.

Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2532788

2. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

This mod is great, I've been using it for a while now.

The DAC in Nexus 5 really shines. The Galaxy Nexus I had for a few months in 2011 was muddy as hell.

Also, coupling it with viper4android is bliss.

3. Furifo macrumors 6502

One of the reasons I sold my Galaxy Nexus after a few months use. Damn, that DAC was awful.

Glad to hear that the one on the Nexus 5 is much improved.

4. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Yeah it was pretty disappointing.

And correction, the Galaxy Nexus I had *last year* in between selling my 4S and waiting for the iPhone 5 after the price drop for $350 on Google Play. My first time dabbling with Android after having every iteration 1st gen through 4S, all jailbroken as well.

I mixed it up because the phone was originally released in late 2011, and for $699 iirc.

Anyways, the N5 is a quantum leap from that in all regards.