Nexus 5

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Explicitic, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Spacial macrumors 6502

I've completely reframed my opinion of LG, they have truly improved in all areas.

2. MindsEye macrumors regular

Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me but that looks like it may be a 5.2/3 as opposed to pure 5.0. I guess the rumors of it being based on the G2 were correct.

If that's the case i reckon the 5 will be sold at higher premium than the current 4 just like we saw a price increase with the new nexus 7. My guess is that we may see something like this in terms of specs:

Nexus 4 (2013) 8Gb, 4.7 1080p or 720p, 8MP, 2GB RAM, snapdragon 600 or same processor as Nexus 7

Nexus 4 (2013) 16GB, same as above.

Nexus 5 32GB, 5.2 1080p, 13MP, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 800

3. strausd macrumors 68030

My deciding factor, if this rumor pans out, will ultimately be battery life. I can live with a slightly smaller phone, I can live with a slightly larger phone. But the biggest thing I feel my Nexus 4 is lacking is battery life.

I really wouldn't mind the bump up to a 5.2" screen. And with the bezels on the Nexus 4 being as big as they are and seeing the bezels on the G2, I'm not sure physical dimensions would be a big issue for me.

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I would love to have a choice. I love the nexus line, but damn that leaked phone looks too big for me personally.

5. aneftp macrumors 601

That's the same attitude people had with Samsung phones a few years ago. The only way to change opinion is to start making better products.

I also found Lg phones in the past to be less appealing. Although the nexus 4 was a quality phone. I didn't have any issues besides the battery but half that issue were poor third party apps I wanted to use.

6. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Also, does anyone know the time frame between when the JB statue went up and the conference?

7. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I'm really hoping this is the next Nexus, that it's got a 5" screen, and the same "soft touch" back as the new Nexus 7. I've been completely impressed with my Nexus 7 (2013) so far and it's a huge upgrade over my original Nexus 7.

I'm also not one to hate on LG. After the success of the Nexus 4 and my utter love for my Optimus G (which I didn't expect at all but was pleasantly surprised by), I feel like LG has really stepped up their game.

8. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Are we positive that that's an LG logo on the back? A new story/rumor at talkandroid says it's based off the Xperia z1.

All based on conjecture though.

9. Explicitic thread starter macrumors 6502

Around 0 days.

10. mathi-vadhanan macrumors member

mathi-vadhanan

Yes looks like a 5 incher. May be android is getting native split screen multitasking. What better way to showcase it on a larger screen. Just my speculation.

11. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

If that's true, it would be amazing

12. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Dude....this is seriously creepy.....

13. strausd macrumors 68030

It was only like a day or 2. There doesn't seem to be a correlation, or a tradition to do it RIGHT before the event. I still think we are a month or two away.

I saw someone say the curvature looks more like a Sony phone.

Well rumors have also already said that if the Nexus 5 is based on the G2, it will have a redesign to put the buttons on the side. So if rumors are already pointing to the Nexus 5 based on the G2 with a different design, we really can't say it will be based on the Z1 based on design.

I would likely be happy either way. Having a water proof phone would be awesome. But dang, the top and bottom bezels on the Z1 are just too big.

14. THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68020

THE JUICEMAN

15. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

If it is going to be modeled from the G2 then yes it is going to be a bit bigger. The new Sony phone is bigger as well. I have a GS3 and it is significantly bigger. I guy i work with just got one.

16. ItHurtsWhenIP macrumors 6502

Because some people have hands that can actually hold on to a 5" screened phone?

17. strausd macrumors 68030

I love the Sony Xperia Z1. If Google decided to base the Nexus 5 off of that, I would be super happy as long as they get rid of the huge top and bottom bezel. But at this point, I really think it is LG again.

18. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I agree. That leak looks 100% LG. It looks like it still has the glass back, at least to me.

19. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

I'm not a fan of Sony and I'm not a fan of the glass back so I'll probably not get the N5 if it had one and won't get the Sony either.

20. JH- macrumors 6502

Any particular reason you're not a fan of Sony?

21. adder7712 macrumors 68000

adder7712

Hopefully it's based on the G2...and comes with 32GB of storage by default.

22. THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68020

THE JUICEMAN

I know. I've had or used all of the high end android phones but this one looks even bigger. I guess I'll wait until it is actually real to judge.

----------

See above response

----------

I'll be buying the Nexus 4 (2013) no matter who makes it. If I will love it and keep it is a different story.

23. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Wonders how long this would be unavailable shortly after release. I have a feeling it'll be a worst shortage than the 4 after release.

24. strausd macrumors 68030

It actually looks more like the same back as the Nexus 7 to me.