Nexus 6 to Nexus 6p

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Flow39, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Sep 7, 2014
    At the Apple Store
    Is the upgrade from the 6 to the 6p worth it? I have a number of problems with my Nexus 6 such as screen burn in (very annoying), Wi-Fi connectivity issues, Blietooth disconnects from Pebble Time, and cell signal instability. I really love the phone minus all those issues, and I really want to start using Android as a daily driver again, but I'm hesitant to switch back to Android based on my previous issues. I'm thinking that the 6p would solve my problems based on my research, but as usual it's hard to know for sure.

I know performance wise there won't be a massive difference, but would the 6p solve my issues? Has anyone upgraded from the Nexus 6 to the 6p and be willing to share their experience?
  2. maxsix Suspended

Jun 28, 2015
    Western Hemisphere
    You must've received a rare problematic Nexus 6.

I've owned the two Nexus 6 models I have... since the first day of release. Neither of mine have had even the slightest problem. A very impressive phone pair of phones.

One has spent just over one year as my heavily used, 16 hour a day primary Smartphone. The only reason it spent over a year as primary was because it's been the best, most reliable, fast and functional of all my phones.

Now I'm using my excellent Nexus 6P as primary. Improved in all areas it's only drawback is the 5.7" display. The Nexus 6 taught me that for my preference, nothing beats a full 6.0".