Nexus 7 and YouTube fail

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by mpayne2k, Oct 27, 2013.

1. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

I'm trying to watch YouTube today and my screen keeps dimming with the chromecast logo in the center of the screen. I have no idea why this popped up but I can't close it and I can barely see the video anymore. Anyone else have this issue?

I do have a chromecast in my household and I haven't tried disabling it to see if my Nex 7 just is recommending I watch on it or not...but I don't want to right now.../shaking fist!

UPDATE:
    Sure enough, unplugged the Chromecast from my TV and the annoying dimming screen on YouTube app went away...this is frustrating as I don't want to unplug the Chomecast every time I'm at home on my Nexus 7 just to be able to use the app.

2. superwoman macrumors regular

Alternatively, you could simply click on the chromecast icon and then select disconnect from chromecast.

3. mpayne2k thread starter macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

I did not see that in the tablet app...will look for it next time. Thanks.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I had this today and my note 3 seemed to want to send YouTube video to my TV yet my TV wasn't even switched on. I had to turn off wireless display in settings to rectify it.