OS X Nexus Mods NWN 2 ?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Washac, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Washac macrumors 68020

Washac

I have a copy of Neverwinter Nights 2 for Mac I bought sometime back, and on looking around the Nexus Mod site I see some very interesting mods for this game.

Does anybody know if the mods at the Nexus site work with the Mac version ?

I have posted over there but still awaiting a response.

2. blesscheese macrumors 6502a

blesscheese

Based on my experience with Baldur's Gate - Reloaded, no...although it may vary according to the mod, and what exactly/to what extent it mods stuff.

And if somebody else did get BGR to run on the Mac NWN2, please let me know!

3. Washac, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014

Washac thread starter macrumors 68020

Washac

What version was you trying with, as it is up to v1.31 now, downloading it all as I type this.

4. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    According to this, Mac users should be able to play all the mods.

I guess you're good to go.

5. Washac, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014

Washac thread starter macrumors 68020

Washac

The Baldurs Gate Reloaded mod requires Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete, which was not released for the Mac as far as I am aware.

The GoG version will run in wrapper, so I assume to set up BGR for Mac you would have to do it all within the wrapper.

6. Washac thread starter macrumors 68020

Washac

This may help you get all the Neverwinter Nights 2 stuff onto your Mac first, best of luck with it. This reply came from the Nexus Mod forums.

I play on the Mac using the Mac NWN2 App version that used to be sold in the Apple App store, and I copied the MotB and SoZ files from my Bootcamp Windows installation of NWN2. I have a post on how to do that on my blog here: http://bbellina.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/getting-nwn2-expansions-working-on-mac.html These files could also be copied from a Wineskin installation.

I also have a blog post on how to set up a Wineskin for NWN2 and play that way as well http://bbellina.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/options-for-playing-neverwinter-nights.html, however I have not been able to get the Toolset to work in a Wineskin so I still use Bootcamp for modding.

7. blesscheese macrumors 6502a

blesscheese

Wow, thanks! I'm in the middle of a huge work project now, but hopefully, I can sneak time away in a couple of weeks ("go on, start eating the Thanksgiving dinner without me, I'll catch up..."). :)