Nexus prime delayed "not the right time"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aibo82, Oct 7, 2011.

1. aibo82 macrumors 6502

Hi

Engaget is reporting that google and samsung have decided "it's not the right time" for a release of the nexus prime but give no reason!

Steve jobs passing maybe! There is going to be alot of angry fandroid fans!

2. shadrap macrumors 6502

3. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Well consider the Galaxy S3 will launch around mid 2012 they do have time on their hands.

4. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I think it's probably more because they know that the 4S is going to overshadow the announcement. Despite what the tech blogs and the armchair analysts want you to believe, the 4S is going to be huge. It's going to sell like hotcakes. This is not going to be like the Verizon iPhone 4 launch--it's an actual new model.

2 examples of media vs. the real world:

1. Riding the train home last night, I heard a group of people talking about how they can't wait for midnight to pre-order the new iPhone. Rather than talking about how disappointed they are that it's not a new redesign, they were talking about all the huge upgrades it has over the 4, most of all the Siri integration and the camera. People are excited about this phone.

2. My wife is a teacher at a middle school. She is surrounded by Apple stuff all the time. Her students all have iPods. It's an Apple-centric school, so they grew up on Macs. They are now thinking of deploying iPads in some classrooms. Yet, none of the kids really knew who Steve Jobs was when all the news was breaking about his death. They vaguely seemed to know he had something to do with Apple, but that's about it. It's really sad for all of us who grew up watching him innovate, and out generation appreciates that the iPhones, Macs, and iPads we're using were all his doing. But the current generation of up and coming users do not attribute him as much to Apple as we do.

The big story here is that the tech media adds a lot of BS to a pretty cut and dried situation: The iPhone 4S IS a new iPhone model, people ARE excited to buy it, and every other smartphone maker knows that this is a bad time to launch a new handset. They will wait for the hype to die down, and then launch. And by then, the next Android Best Phone Available of the month will have already come out.

5. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

maybe because, against everyones pessimistic opinions, Apple had their site crashed yet again by iPhone preorder madness last night?

6. Zimmy68 macrumors 68000

Zimmy68

Nice spin job.

They are delaying the announcement, not the device.

Let's get our facts straight, shall we?

7. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

think back to middle school. Not many kids know much about the people around the world if they're not show on tv or in a movie...I didn't know celebrity could mean anything other than actor or sports player at that point in my life...i didn't even realize the directors and such were famous.

True its sad but its to be expected. People who were old enough to take notice during steves incredible run unfortunately experienced something that I think will go down as one of a kind incredible for the tech industry. I just hope someday kids will understand how special it was when they hear about or are taught about apple and steve