Nexus Prime renderings look like iphone 5 leaks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NovemberWhiskey, Oct 8, 2011.

1. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

except the nexus prime doesn't have any buttons on the front. and actual images have been leaked that don't look like that

2. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

And it has a curved front. And much larger screen. And plastic back.

3. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I want that phone. If it had iOS it would be amazing. Shame it's wasted on Android :(

4. ap3604 macrumors 68000

5. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

The Galaxy Nexus(aka Prime) is looking to be everything i want in a phone. I went down to preorder the 4s yesterday at BB and a large screen android device caught my eye. I had not played with any android device since i had the original EVO back a couple years ago for about week before i ditched it and went back to the iphone.

The Inspire 4g was the phone I was looking at at BB and ill tell you this, the ****ing thing was great! The software and screens have come along way on those devices, it was first time i tried another phone in a couple years and i was amazed. The screen on the Inspire seemed to be as good as the iphone 4 in a side by side comparison, and this was a almost year old device. The biggest thing was the screen size, of course everything may have been teeny bit less sharp, but the screen size made everything a ton easier to see and read. From there i turned around and decided the Galaxy Nexus could not possibly let me down considering its screen will be over an inch bigger and the only 10ppi less than the iphone 4s's retina screen. Plus it has a 720p display :D

6. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

I agree the screen quality is nice, but there are other metrics than size.

1. SAMOLED is not as bright as the iPhone 4's IPS screen.
    2. SAMOLED HD (what is on the Prime) has a Pentile matrix, so it's kind of "cheating" with the PPI and you will notice a slight "screen door" effect with text and white/gray backgrounds.
    3. You will have a lot of difficulty operating the phone with one hand due to the screen size. In the leaked demo video, the guy even almost dropped it once just trying to shuffle the phone around in his hand to get to everything.
    4. SAMOLED has screen burn issues.

When you consider those things, the display doesn't suddenly seem as superior as it did before.

7. gadget123 macrumors 68000

Maybe they thought the Iphone 4S would look like this? :p

8. NovemberWhiskey thread starter macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

I can agree with the statement that with screens this big, using the phone turns into a two-handed affair.

Even with my 4.3 Droid Charge, it's not as easy to hit everything on the screen one-handed with just my thumb.

However, it turns out not to be that big a deal.

Also, pentile screens are terrible. I had one on the DX2, and it was aweful (pixelated and colors had a weird gradient effect).

It may or may not be as bright, but it is perfectly suitable for daily use.

9. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

Phone looks really sick. Really cool, In my opinion.

Shame no iOS.

10. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

Difference is there is a Nexus Prime there is NO iphone 5

11. miggitymac macrumors 6502a

miggitymac

12. Peterg2 macrumors 6502a

I was really hoping for the metal back but as you have seen, there is that video going around from some guy in Eastern Europe who talks about the back being 2 types of plastic which looks like metal - Ugghh!!

13. urkel macrumors 68030

Are you allowed to call something a copycat device when it's only copying rumored mockups? ;)

BTW. As much as I think the iPhone 4 is the best looking phone ever... it is starting to look dated. If this is the direction the iPhone 5 goes then I hope they at least use a more matte/metal finish because im not a fan of glossy.

14. Highcroft macrumors regular

It's looks like metal here in Samsung's preview for the postponed unveiling but it could easily be the same metallic grey plastic that they use in their Galaxy Tab.

[​IMG]