NEXUS Problems

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by blevins321, Feb 3, 2015.

1. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Hi all,

Was wanting to find out if this has happened to anyone else on a regular basis. I recently got my Nexus card. I'm an American, living in Winnipeg Canada on a work permit (hoping to stay permanently :) )

I've crossed the border in North Dakota by car a few times now using my Nexus card. Crossing the US border on the way there has become a strange inquisition about the reasons that I got the Nexus card. I think they think that I'm trying to get out of something by having it.

"Why did you get this if you don't cross more than once a week." "Anything in the back seat that you didn't want to declare?"

It's gotten so annoying that I'm considering giving up the Nexus privileges. But I don't want to do that; Canadian customs is extremely quick and friendly, and the TSA pre-check and Global Entry kiosks are the best thing ever when traveling by air.

Anyone have any thoughts?

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I used to drive across the US-Canadian border regularly, and the US border patrol agents where almost uniformly suspicious, paranoid, and unreasonable. It isn't the NEXUS card; it's the US border patrol.

3. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

You might want to have a look at flyertalk.com, they get questions like this one frequently in their forum(s).

While the main thrust of the website is for frequent fliers, border crossings are covered as well.

4. blevins321 thread starter macrumors 68030

5. determined09 macrumors 65816

determined09

You're welcome