NFL app like MLB at bat?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by bbotte, Aug 24, 2008.

1. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

Does amyone know if there will be an app for the NFL like the "MLB at bat" app?

2. knoxtown macrumors 6502

I hope so. I'm also really hoping for the NBA app this fall.

3. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

I hope there is a college football one too!!! Gladly buy them both!

4. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

Yes I hope so too - mainly for the video clips. I think there are already apps like SportsTap that will report current scores, game progress etc.

5. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Sports Tap is an acceptable solution till there is a dedicated NFL app. You can delete the sports you don't want on the homepage the same way you delete apps on the iPhone, click the little x and it's gone. It even has a local setting that will only display games on in your area. No video, just scores and info.

6. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Thanks for the heads up on Sportstap. I never saw it. Thanks

7. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

ScoreMobile will support NFL soon. They just added a favorite teams option. :)

8. uofajoe99 macrumors newbie

I actually like "Sportacular" better than sporttap....

Its free has all the menus set up nice and has a "fantasy" feature that lets you create teams with your fantasy players and get all the updated stats as they play...

9. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

Aloha everyone,

I have a free app called LiveSports that is currently only baseball, but their iTunes App Store page indicates an update to include football. While they don't offer the video clips mentioned above, the app does offer live, play-by-play and scores. Furthermore, you can click the info button and pull up as many games as are being played at that time. I can't wait for the update - my hometown team, the Tampa Bay Rays have FINALLY learned how to play baseball, but it would be GREAT to see the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the University of South Florida Bulls (or secondly, the Florida Gators) via the iPhone as well. It seems to update a bit better than some of the online sites.

:apple:HawaiiMacAddict

10. jalpert macrumors 6502

Maybe someone who actually knows can chime in, but I thought the NFL had some kind of agreement with Sprint to be the only mobile phone carrier to offer NFL content.... or something of that nature. We might never see an app because of an agreement they signed with another carrier.

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'd love to see one for football, too.

12. bbotte thread starter macrumors 65816

bbotte

Good lookin' out.

13. CKtoph macrumors 6502

I get the impression that there will not be a similar NFL application due to the fact that Sprint has a contract with the NFL Network for NFL Mobile Live.

I'm desperately hoping for a solid NFL (official) application to be released as well as perhaps something from ESPN or CBS Sportsline for fantasy football leagues.

14. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

I saw the AP top 10 NCAA football app, how about a top 25 college basketball app?