NFL Audio on iPhone possible? Anyone doing it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by powermixx, Sep 7, 2008.

1. powermixx macrumors member

Since DirecTV wants nearly $300 for the NFL Ticket, I'm wondering if I pay ($40) for the audio on NFL.com, can I listen to it on my iPhone????

I know the iPhone doesn't support Flash - and I'm not sure the NFL page is Flash...anyone try it? For me it would be worth $40 to listen - either at home OR on the go...the wife would just LOVE that! ;)

2. clapperboy macrumors newbie

anybody, anyone?

I'm interested in this as well. No iPhone yet, or I'd try it myself. Would be another reason to get one if I could listen to NFL games while on the road or elsewhere.

3. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

Im guessing NFL.com is gonna use flash for the audio, so No!

4. philskillz macrumors newbie

connect your tv to pc and run your own shoutcast.

5. Metsfan7450 macrumors regular

Metsfan7450

Get Sirius....$144/year and you get cool radio, Howard, NFL, college, NBA, etc.

6. slidetounlock macrumors regular

Yeah but they dont stream games genius.....and online listening via cell is on Sprint only....

7. christall109 macrumors 6502

If only sling would finally come to the iPhone...

8. tacoshell macrumors regular

WunderRadio (Hoping to expand list)

I have been very interested in this and have been testing various internet radio stations and programs to see what I can find. The best results come from WunderRadio (a paid program, I only found Detroit on AOL and FlyCast).
    So far I have found:
    97.1 The Ticket (Locations->Detroit) Detroit Lions Live Stream
    680 KNBR (Locations->San Francisco) San Francisco 49ers Live Stream
    102.1 FM The Game (Locations->Virginia Beach) Washington Redskins Live Stream

Figure it would be good to get a full list (I have not checked all of them, just the ones I was looking for at the time) so if anyone has found others, please post them.

Just so you know, the streams seam to be about one play behind the TV Broadcast, which is similar to standard radio.

9. philskillz macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I can't get any local sports in Philly. I thought you can't stream online because you can listen to out of market games.

10. tacoshell macrumors regular

I am in DC and can not pick up ESPN 980, but I found the Skins on the Virginia Beach station. If you are looking for Eagles, you can try these Wunder Radio, not sure they will work, but worth a try:
    Eagles Radio Network
    Location Station Frequency
    Allentown, PA WCTO-FM 96.1 FM
    Levittown, PA WBCB-AM 1490 AM
    Wilmington, DE WDEL-AM 1150 AM
    Reading, PA WEEU-AM 830 AM
    Sunbury, PA WEGH-FM 107.3 FM
    Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, PA WBSX-FM 97.9 FM
    Hershey, PA WQXA-FM "The X" 105.7 FM
    Atlantic City/Cape May, NJ WMGM-FM 103.7 FM
    Pottsville, PA WPPA-AM 1360 AM
    Williamsport, PA WBZD-FM 93.3 FM

11. bigmouth macrumors 6502

Not possible using the official NFL stream. Radio stations are supposed to shut off their streams during games, but lots of them "forget" to do so. I listen to my preferred team using fstream every weekend.
    Be careful about "outing" radio stations that don't turn off their streams during games. Technically, that's a violation of their license from the NFL, which may force them to turn it off for future games. MLB is very aggressive about this...I'd only recommend specific stations over PM.

12. tacoshell macrumors regular

Thanks for the heads up. That makes sense because some stations listed as having the game play 'generic music', most likely because as you say they legally should not stream the game. I will no long post found stations.

13. bigmouth macrumors 6502

Yep. But your general advice is spot on -- find out who the radio affiliates are for your team, then keep trying their feeds until you find one that's active.