NFL Mobile App?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Zac7, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Zac7 macrumors 6502a

I was wondering what everyone thinks about a possible NFL Mobile app like Verizon has on Android. Verizon is the official phone of the NFL and the app lets you watch the NFL network, I wonder if this will be made into an iPhone app and only able to work with the VZW iPhone. Anyone have any insight on this?

2. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

It's one of the reasons I would strongly considering moving to a VZW iPhone when my AT&T 2-year contract runs out in July.

Assuming VZW's 3G performance on iPhone improves from what has been reported so far, and a couple of other factors, the NFL app where you can listen to any game would probably be a deal maker for me.

I'm in no hurry. Going to wait until July because a lot of dust will settle by then (VZW iPhone performance, a new iPhone offered by AT&T and/or VZW etc etc)

Mike

3. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

I REALLY hope so. So far I am very unimpressed with verizon's data coverage compared to my att iphone and an nfl app would make it totally worth it

4. Macaddict44 macrumors newbie

NFL mobile isn't working with vow iPhones yet the app downloaded says this hardware isn't supported. Hopefully by august this won't be the case

5. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

so there is an app in the app store? is there a link

6. Macaddict44 macrumors newbie

U get the app from Verizon directly by texting NFL to 8915 or from Verizon.com and entering your mobile number. iPhones not on the supported hardware list and when u get the app it says this hardware isn't ready for this app. Rather ominous that there's no mention of intended support ANYWHERE....ill be pissed if the iPhone gets snubbed cuz it will just be 2 sell more droids.