NFL on iPhone or touch Live games!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chdwil, Jul 16, 2009.

1. chdwil macrumors regular

2. arykmax macrumors regular

Edit: Nevermind. The bottom part of the page didn't load the first time.

Wouldn't offering this on non-Sprint phones violate the Sprint/NFL agreement?

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Apparently not; NFL on the iPhone via DirecTV looks to be right around the corner. Looks cool....

4. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Just another thing to get Apple/AT&T in trouble with their picking and choosing of streaming they allow over 3g.

5. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

If they don't allow AT&T U-verse streaming if it comes, being an AT&T service... :mad:

6. bredfan macrumors newbie

Looks more like a Directv thing, not an NFL thing.

7. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

If I knew this 1 month ago when I moved into a new apartment I would have gone with DirecTV instead of FiOS. How depressing.

8. chdwil thread starter macrumors regular

Ya it's a DirecTv deal, but according to the web site it is only available to iPhone and iPod touch users.

9. chdwil thread starter macrumors regular

And I was going to get a slingbox for the games. Now no need for that.

The site says specifically that it will stream over 3g or wifi.

10. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I wonder why Apple allows DirecTV to stream over 3g but not slingbox?

11. chdwil thread starter macrumors regular

Isn't that an AT&T decision? Either way that is a good question.

12. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Is it? I thought Apple wouldn't approve the Slingplayer app until they made it WiFi only? If it was just AT&T then other countries could have it in their app store

13. chdwil thread starter macrumors regular

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

14. cdd543 macrumors 6502

cdd543

I have the ticket and SF and can't wait to try it out. Hopefully there will be a full slate of games just like the ticket.

15. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Because there are about 20 people who will pay all that money for the NFL games (do these people not get Fox, CBS, ESPN and ABC?), while there are probably tens of thousands who would use SlingPlayer. The NFL stuff would also be much more limited viewing -- only NFL games, which you can't just watch and watch and watch -- versus generic TV, which someone could watch like crazy.

In other words, the SlingPlayer would kill the 3G network in some areas, while the NFL app will use less data than two people checking e-mail. If you can't tell, I think Sunday Ticket is a complete waste of money unless you're a die hard out of your team's market or a sports bar. Even then, I wouldn't want to watch a game over a phone. If you're talking audio, sign me up.

16. chdwil thread starter macrumors regular

Actually there are slot more than 20. Superfan includes all the games in HD for your tv. If you want the games in HD For your tv you need superfan. I live 1000 miles away from my team. They have maybe 2 games a year on locally. So I subscribe. And I would much rather watch the game at home than have to spend money at a sports bar with a bunch of drunk asses.

So the iPhone streaming is an addition for the millions of subscribers that have superfan already.

17. Miker2k macrumors regular

Not to mention that SF can usually be had as a freebie add on just to get you to renew Sunday Ticket.... at least every time I call and threaten to cancel it's the first thing they offer up.

18. chdwil thread starter macrumors regular

Ya they will give it to you free if you say you are going to drop the Sunday Ticket.