Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pick one from each conference

• Indianapolis Colts (5-0)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Denver Broncos (6-0)

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • New England Patriots (4-2)

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers (4-2)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cincinnati Bengals (4-2)

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Others

• New Orleans Saints (5-0)

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Minnesota Vikings (6-0)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • New York Giants (5-1)

• Atlanta Falcons (4-1)

• Others

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

agkm800

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
AFC
Indianapolis Colts (5-0)
Denver Broncos (6-0)
New England Patriots (4-2)
Pittsburgh Steelers (4-2)
Cincinnati Bengals (4-2)
Others

NFC
New Orleans Saints (5-0)
Minnesota Vikings (6-0)
New York Giants (5-1)
Atlanta Falcons (4-1)
Others

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I don't know who's going to win the SB but I'll say that the title games will be NYG vs. Saints and NE vs. Denver.

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
I only feel OK about the Vikings this early in the season. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Favre at his age sustains injuries, or one of their key running backs do and they lose more than win for the rest of the season. Favre's last few years saw him start like the younger version of himself, only to see him fall to bad passing later on, or being unable to scramble like he used to costing the offense dearly. The guy is 40.

I had so much hope when Hoss and the Raiders went 8-0, then sustained some injuries, and then went 0-8 for the rest of the season. I remember similar seasons where teams off to an early start with great hopes for a stellar post season (49ers several times, eagles, vikings, and pats) just didn't keep it going either in the last part of the season or the playoffs. You have to finish strong and come in strong into the playoffs, preferably with coaches and players who have been there several times before there is even any chance of going to the Super Bowl.

For the Saints, this year's Cinderella team, I would like to see them do better, but I still see them more as a fluke who would be lucky to do well in the playoffs where I think they will head (at least as a wild card). The Saints remind me of the first few times the Patriots went to the playoffs with a lot of momentum, but their inexperience in the big games was their weakness. Having had the whole world see Katrina wipe out large parts of N.O. and then have their state and the feds reneg on promises to rebuild there, as well as personally having family there, there is nothing more that the town needs more than a Super Bowl win. It could bring in some PR to the city in a good news story, as well as have the media do stories on the city. Maybe money can be raised in some way as there are areas there that looked like Katrina hit just months ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.