NFL Sunday Ticket

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by esf215, Aug 29, 2016.

1. esf215, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016

esf215 macrumors member

NFL Sunday ticket is finally up on the Apple TV store. It's about time. And it's only for the 4th generation tv

2. mic j macrumors 68030

3. esf215 thread starter macrumors member

4. mallbritton macrumors 6502a

Yes, but unless you meet very specific criteria we cannot subscribe and view games on our Apple TVs.

5. esf215 thread starter macrumors member

I mean yes you will have to subscribe to the nfl Sunday tickets. Their website will tell you if you're eligible or not

6. mallbritton macrumors 6502a

It's very good the app has shown up for the Apple TV 4, though. That's just one step closer to getting it without subscribing to DTV. Although the outrageous price needs to come down significantly.

7. esf215 thread starter macrumors member

If you know a student you can get it for 99.99 for the season. I don't have dtv. I subscribed to the streaming only package

8. besler3035 macrumors 6502a

I think you mean $24.99? Regular pricing is $49.99.

Edit: Er, check that. $24.99 per month or $49.99 per month. Highway robbery.

9. mallbritton macrumors 6502a

I think it's a good deal for students. But when the sub for us regular folks starts at $200 per season, that is highway robbery. My first year subscribing to NFLST via DTV, in 1997, it was $99. The prices DTV/NFL is charging now are simply outrageous.

10. besler3035 macrumors 6502a

I don't know of any college student who wants to spend $100 on an NFL subscription...when they can just head to a sports bar and spend that money on beer.

11. mallbritton macrumors 6502a

True! I just think it is a good deal, not that all students will subscribe.

12. DisraeliGears macrumors newbie

DisraeliGears

While their terms (only available for .edu addresses and people living in apartment complexes that can't have DTV) are ludicrous, on reflection the price isn't that crazy.

Even at full price ($50 a month), when you consider you only need it for four months, it compares at basically the same price as NBA League Pass. While you get more content with NBA, that's a function of the huge amount of games that the NBA stages.

I wish they'd release for ATV3 tho, my Mom desperately wants to see her out of market team, but she only has ATV3, and we're not investing $150 for an ATV4 plus the League Pass price.

13. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

Try $360 ($59.99 x 6 months)... this is the first year that it's all-inclusive... no tiered pricing or add-ons for mobile viewing, RedZone, etc... DTV only has one price for everything.

That said, it is incredibly outrageous. My son-in-law recently moved, and DTV gave them Sunday Ticket and 3 months of premium movies just for moving their service. As a new DTV subscriber, you get free Sunday Ticket. If you've been a 10 year subscriber (I have), you get to pay $360... I was able to negotiate a $10/month discount - still $300. No thanks...

14. mallbritton macrumors 6502a

This.

DisraeliGears check out NFL GamePass for your mom: https://www.nfl.com/gamepass. Only $99, but the games are not live. You can only watch them after they've played. You can get it through the NFL app on the ATV3.

15. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I live in a private community so my address qualifies for some reason. Anyway, I signed up for my daughter to use from her house since I do not watch much football. It was $300 for the MAX Package and then another $50 for the NFL Game Pass if you buy as a one time purchase. I had the $99 Game Pass last year. I think the main problem is with the SINGLE STREAM. With normal DTV STB you can stream on all the TV's you have STB's for plus on your iPad. Not sure if you can use 1 AppleTV and 1 iPAD but they should let you use more then 1 Apple TV as long as from the same IP. A bit early but they just started to allow pre-season games on the Sunday Ticket App like with the NFL App. I think regular season starts on 9/11/2016.

16. mallbritton macrumors 6502a

I'm curious... Why would you buy GamePass along with Sunday Ticket? Doesn't Sunday Ticket include game replays?

17. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Really not sure what you get with Sunday Ticket. I got it for my Daughter and Her Husband. They not longer have DTV and really love Sunday Ticket. But also Sunday Ticket is Single Stream. Not sure about NFL Game Pass. But I like the condensed version for see the game quickly. Not sure if Sunday Ticket has that or not. Maybe it does. But if Sunday Ticket does have everything I am a bit surprised DIRECTV has this bundle option. I guess we will find out in a week or so.

18. Hookemfins macrumors 6502

Hookemfins

Game pass gives you all preseason games, replays of regular and post season games.

Sunday ticket you get the games live, NFL red zone, a mix channel and a replay of games in 30 minutes (just the plays). At least that's how it works on DTV. Not sure if it works the same on ATV or iPad.

If yo just want replays and can live with what you get from the networks then Game Pass should work.

19. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

I think I'll wait until Direct TV Now streaming service comes out which includes Sunday NFL ticket

20. mallbritton macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't count on that. The NFL doesn't want to allow unrestricted streaming of their games. If the DTV streaming service does finally show up I expect Sunday Ticket will not be an option.

21. Shadowx65, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016

Shadowx65 macrumors newbie

Shadowx65

Does they allow us preview Sunday ticket during first week before purchase

22. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

Yes... week 1 is free for all to 'preview'.

23. Shadowx65 macrumors newbie

Shadowx65

Thanks

24. benthuss macrumors newbie

Just curious as to what the streaming quality is like on Sunday Ticket for the Apple TV. I subscribed last year on on PS4 and the video quality was awful, even with my gigabit fiber connection....anyone have any input?

25. Macaddict16 macrumors 6502

Week 1 looked fairly good. I attributed that to the free trial for everyone.

Week 2 was unwatchable. It was pixilated and kept freezing up and I would have to force quit the app and restart.

Week 3 was fantastic! HD quality with no drops.

Hope week 4 is as good as 3!