Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The NFL has updated its iOS app for the 2013 NFL season with a visual redesign that includes easy access to news, video highlights, and scores, as well as premium upgrade features that are available to Verizon customers that allow access to live streaming to NFL games, NFL Network, and NFL RedZone.

nfl_mobile_screenshots-800x473.jpg
As the brand new, redesigned and rebuilt official app of the NFL, NFL Mobile is built to bring football right to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch! Breaking News, Video Highlights, Live Game Scores, Custom Team News, follow your Fantasy Football Team, and more!

Verizon customers can upgrade to Premium Features for access to NFL RedZone on Sunday afternoons, and watch LIVE NFL games on Thursday, Sunday and Monday nights during the preseason and regular season. Premium Features also provides access to NFL Network 24/7.
As AllThingsD notes, the full-game streaming is still limited to Verizon iPhone customers and only includes three games per week. Live streaming on the iPad will be governed by separate content access deals authenticated through pay TV services.

The 2013 NFL regular season opens Thursday, September 5 with the Baltimore Ravens playing the Broncos in Denver.

NFL Mobile is a free download for the iPhone and iPad. [Direct Link]

Article Link: NFL Updates iOS App with Visual Redesign, Live Streaming Options Still Limited

kipj77

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2010
Ok....

Its awesome how the its 3rd down for Carolina in two games that Carolina isn't playing in and also a little odd that Miami and Cleveland would be playing at Gilette Stadium.

----------

Oh...and every team is 1-5.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
Holding OFF on an update. My wife did and hates the new look and lack of features.

Also, not a huge deal, but the DROPPED the mpoints which was a neat way to keep me coming back and scrolling through articles.

I guess Verizon wants a big chunk of the advertising $$ on this and paid for it.

Holding off for a while now, at least until the new phone comes out and i get pushed to the new look.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Its awesome how the its 3rd down for Carolina in two games that Carolina isn't playing in and also a little odd that Miami and Cleveland would be playing at Gilette Stadium.

----------

Oh...and every team is 1-5.

So really, they're screen shots and possibly just development shots. ;)

B.A.T

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2009
Idaho
Does this mean you can stream a game on your Verizon phone and use airplay to watch it on an ATV?

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Isn't Verizon the mobile sponsor for the NFL or something like that?
Guessing that is why. bought out the rights.

You are correct. Verizon is the official wirelss sponsor of the NFL.

I'll pass on this app. I already have RedZone, so I don't really have the need to download this since I don't have Verizon.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
Thanks. I thought it was something like that. I know at the Ravens Stadium they pretty much BLOCK ATT service. you can just barely get it there. outside the stadium, you're fine though.

And my wife was saying it is harder to get to scores and schedule as quick as it used to be.

Pompiliu

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
As the brand new, redesigned and rebuilt official app of the NFL, NFL Mobile is built to bring football right to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch! Breaking News, Video Highlights, Live Game Scores, Custom Team News, follow your Fantasy Football Team, and more!

Haha... Football. yeah right. :cool:

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
I guess you might be able to get thursday NFL network games but otherwise I dont think they have the rights to broadcast when its off their network.

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
Is this a way I can catch, some Lions games, while living in CT?
And how much will it cost me?

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
Lions games? It will cost your happiness.

(try NFL Rewind for $40/yr instead)

Hey! This is the time of year where Lions fans demonstrate their capacity for eternal optimism... so I'm pretty sure the run game will be great this year with Bush, the secondary will stay totally healthy (well, once they get healthy), the new O-line will gel and Matt Stafford and Calvin Johnson will rewrite the record books... and I don't want to miss any of it!

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
So I downloaded this app today and subscribed to the Premium features. It's $5 a month for VZW customers on their phones. Every Thursday, Sunday and Monday night game will be broadcast live. Also, the NFL RedZone channel will be live on Sunday and it can broadcast the NFL Network live 24/7. I figure for $25 bucks for the entire season, the Premium subscription is a no-brainer for an on the go cable cutter like me.

It appears that it is not Airplay compatible nor can an Android phone use HDMI out to connect a TV. Also not sure if it works with iPads or not. Don't have one to test...

I thought the value was pretty awesome. Every touchdown, up to 3 games a week, and access to NFL network for less than a Hulu/Netflix subscription and the same as an iTunes HD movie rental was well worth the price. Thought I'd share. HTTR.

thiizve

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2013
nasiona cannabis

Your writing is very informative and really made me think.
nasiona cannabis, Nasiona Marihuany, cannabis sklep, f2seeds.fr.pl, indica, sativa, af regular, indoor, outdoor, AF feminizowane, zestawy nasion, nawozy, producenci, feminizowane f1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.